Unknown

word count: 1,505

Hakeldama (3x06)

Fallen (3x11)

° • .  ♚  . • °

Octavia stands beside you as you pace, waiting for Bellamy and Pike to return.

"You're making me dizzy," Octavia remarks. You stop, turning to her.

"Sorry," you reply sheepishly. "I'm just worried. They should be back by now." She sighs and places a hand on your shoulder.

"He's okay, (Y/N)," she promises. You nod.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right. He's too stubborn to die." She smiles. Her gaze travels past you and her smile fades. You follow her line of sight and gasp. Bellamy, Pike, and the other eight walk through the gate, covered in blood.

"My God, look at them," Abby whispers. You rush past everyone and jump into Bellamy's arms. He drops his gun and catches you lazily.

"Are you okay?" you ask, your words muffled.

"I'm fine," he answers. You pull away, keeping physical contact with him.

"What happened out there?" Octavia questions, gradually looking more worried by the silence from Bellamy.

"Bell?" you ask gently. He lets go of your hand and walks away. You look to Octavia. "What happened?" She shakes her head, turning to Pike.

"Lock it up," Pike orders. The gate is closed and locked as Pike steps onto the platform. "Everybody, listen up." People stop what they're doing and avert their attention to Pike.

"I have a feeling this isn't going to be good," you whisper to Octavia.

"Twenty four hours ago, you elected me your Chancellor. Every action I've taken since and every action I will take will be to achieve one sacred goal. The creation of a self-sustaining, prosperous, and safe Arkadia." People cheer while you, Abby, Kane, and Octavia share a disturbed look.

"What is he on about?" Octavia whispers to you You shake your head, just as confused as she is.

"This morning on a muddy field, our people paid tribute to those who have been taken from us by sending a message to the Grounders. This land is ours now!" The crowd cheers and your stomach drops.

"Oh, God," you breathe.

"Resist, and you will be met by force. Fight, and you will be greeted by death. Today is a new beginning. Mark it down, remember it, just like the Grounders will remember it." You turn to Octavia, wide-eyed. As the crowd disperses, Kane and Abby walk over to the two of you.

"No wounded. ten against three hundred and there's no wounded. How's that possible?" You shake your head, perplexed.

"I don't know. I'm going to find Bellamy." You make your way toward the Ark, winding through the halls before stopping at yours and Bellamy's shared room. You don't bother knocking, knowing he won't answer if you did. "Bellamy? You in here?" You call, closing the door behind you. He walks out of the bathroom, his skin tinted red from the blood. His eyes are zoned out as he sits on the bed. You kneel in front of him and take his face in your hands gently. "Bellamy, what happened out there?"