୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

We're pretty much back where we started. Back on a plane with each other, and annoyed. Only difference is I'm now sat right beside her because I decided I didn't care what my ticket told me, and the seat beside her was empty anyway.

At the very least, our annoyance is mostly with the fact that we're going back to the real world and not with each other. But she did scowl at me when I threw her bag up into the overhead bin carelessly, so I guess most of her annoyance is probably with me. She doesn't send me back to my seat though, so whatever.

"You know—"

"Shut up, Daniel."

I scoff at that. "All right, it's not my fault you fell in the airport, okay? That's yours for wearing such high heels."

So, she also fell in the airport. It was a lot like the museum situation, only I didn't realize she'd been reaching for me until it was too late and I'd already stepped away.

She slowly lifts her gaze to me. I stare back at her before I end up needing to break eye contact and look away. "I'm sorry." I whisper as I shamefully look down.

"You should be."

It's not like I meant it though. We were boarding and she said nothing. It wasn't my fault, but I guess it wasn't hers either.

I clear my throat awkwardly. "So, it's, uh...gonna be, like, three when we get home." I mumble, moving on dumbly.

"Yeah." She confirms, watching me skeptically.

"In the morning."

She stares. "Uh-huh..."

"So..."

Skylar starts to smile. "Danny, do you have a point here?"

"No." I admit immediately with a defeated sigh. "But I don't want to sit here in silence for, like, ten hours." I start to sink in my seat, tossing my head back to look up at the flashing light over our heads. I don't want to sit here for ten hours period, but here we are.

"That's why I have music." Skylar hums. I quickly look back at her and frown as I watch her lift a wireless headphone to her ear. She looks down at her phone next.

"Skylar," I helplessly call.

She glances at me, scrunches her nose, and taps her headphone with a shrug before she looks back down at her phone.

"S-Skylar." I reach over to poke her. She doesn't react, still busy turning her music on. She can still hear me—It's not even on and I doubt she turned the noise cancelling on. "Skylar." I whisper. She ignores me.

When she sets her phone down and reaches for a book she bought in the airport, I have to give up. I sigh deeply and droop in my seat while I watch her.

This flight is going to suck. Worse than it probably already was going to—Which is saying something because I already wanted to open that one door at the side of the plane mid-air at the thought of this fucking flight.

__________

Here's a piece of advice. You want a girl's attention? Drink yourself into a fucking stupor. At least close to one. If she's concerned and a little pushy, she'll give you her attention before you give yourself alcohol poisoning.

"Daniel Crawford, stop it." She reaches over and snatches my glass from me. I frown deeply while I watch her down it with ease before she sets it down on the corner of her little tray thing. "You are not going to go home drunk." She decides, scrunching her nose with disgust.