୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

"Get your fucking phone before I break it."

This is the sweet way I get woken up in the morning. That and a harsh but lazy smack to my head. I groan in response as I reach for the bedside table. Then groan some more when I realize my phone isn't on the beside table, but in my pants on the floor.

Skylar kicks me out of her bed when I don't move quick enough for her. Then she steals all the blanket, pulling it over her head while I reach for my pants with blurry eyes. I squint at my phone, bringing it right up to my face so I can read the name.

Logan. That fucker.

I glare at nothing as I bring the phone to my ear. "What the fuck you do want?" I harshly question.

"Who peed in your coffee, man?"

I scoff as I force myself to stand up from the ground, glancing down briefly to realize I'm only in my boxers. I look at the bed only to see the lump in the mattress that is Skylar going back to sleep. "Logan," I harshly urge.

"Isn't it, like, midday? Were you taking a nap?"

"What the fuck do you want?"

Logan sighs. "I wanted to check in." He admits awkwardly. "So...you're not doing good then?" He asks cautiously.

I shut my eyes as I bring a hand to my face. "Just had a late night." I mutter, glancing Skylar's way again.

I hear her huff, giving up on going back to sleep. She shoots up with a frustrated groan. I tilt my head when the blanket falls below her chest, not quite able to see that clearly without my glasses. I can make out enough though. "Oh," Logan acknowledges.

I walk over to the beside table to pick up my glasses while Skylar drags her hands through her hair to try and fix her hairdo that looks a lot like she just copied lions. "I'm fine, Lo. Relax." I dismiss him tiredly, staring shamelessly at Skylar. She makes no moves to cover herself.

"How, um...is moving on going?"

I watch as Skylar hums quietly and drops back down onto the mattress only to roll over onto her stomach closer to the side of the bed I slept on. She smiles up at me, blissfully ignoring the fact that the blanket is down below her ass. She reaches forward to simply hook a finger on the waistband of my boxers. She tugs on it expectantly.

"Uh," I acknowledge him before I leave him in silence for too long. "Fine—It's going fine." I answer absently while I watch Skylar do her own thing. She continues to tease me with the waistband of my boxers.

"Really?" He doesn't sound like he believes me. "Delilah said you hung out with Skylar. Are you still...you know?"

I narrow my eyes. "I'm not talking about it with you." I mutter, still watching Skylar. "Ever."

Logan huffs at me. "Fine." He accepts. "Is she at least still your vacation buddy?"

I frown. "Where'd you hear that?"

"Delilah said that's what you and Skylar call each other."

I roll my eyes and grab Skylar's wrist to stop her tugging. She just smiles wider up at me. "Yeah." I answer him on a sigh. I guess we are still in this together. Just...maybe a different kind of together. A weird kind.