♡︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

I didn't wait for Daniel to come knocking on my door this morning. I'm not going to wait for him anymore.

If my trip here turns out to be a bust because I can't find anything to do, then so be it. I can always try again later on with my actual friends. But today I've decided I don't want to go on some nature walk or to a museum. Instead, I head right downstairs to the beautiful pool the hotel has.

As soon as I get down, I'm glad I left without him.

I practically lay down completely in a lounge chair overlooking the pool. For a little while, I put a pair of sunglasses on and pretend I don't notice the man beside me staring. I let him stare at me for a little while before I hum and casually reach up to push my sunglasses up onto the top of my head. I sit up more and look over at him.

He has no shame and just smiles when I catch him staring. I smile back at him curiously.

"Hello," He's the first one to speak.

"Hi." I return with a growing smile. "What can I help you with?" I coax.

"Joshua." He holds his hand out to me. He doesn't actually answer my question, and I think that's what makes me want to walk away for the first time.

I lift a hand to take his. He hardly even shakes it, just holds my hand gently until I pull away. "Skylar." I tell him my own name.

"I know."

This is what makes me want to walk away a second time. I start to slowly smile wider. "Excuse me?" I ask, straightening up in my seat.

"Skylar Evergreen, right?"

I stare at him for a few extra seconds, silently debating on my next move. He's cute, no doubt. And doesn't seem like he wants anything more than I want. "This is kind of unfair." I frown. "You know me, but I don't know you."

"A lot of people know you." Joshua reasons. "So, what're you doing here?" He continues along without acknowledging anything else.

The third and final time I want to walk away. I smile and gesture to the pool. "Enjoying myself." I point out. "And you?"

"Well, I'm trying to enjoy myself."

I laugh. "And how's it working out for you?"

He smiles and shrugs. "Not sure yet." He admits. "How do you think it's working out?"

"Well, you lost a few points for stalking." I warn on a hum, deciding to simply let him in on my train of thought.

Joshua smiles. "I wasn't stalking." He argues.

"Mhm...And I should just, what? Trust you?"

He shrugs again with a boyish grin. I laugh and look away from him.

"Sorry, Josh. I'm not as naive as you think I am." I apologize sarcastically. And with that, I sit up and slip my cute, black wedges on as I stand from the lounge chair. Joshua shakes his head with a smile as he watches me closely, eyes dragging up and down my body.

My see through cover up robe does little to hide my pink bikini from his prying eyes. I snatch up the towel I didn't use and wrap it over my arm to hold it over at least the bottom half of my body.

"Have a nice day, Joshua."

He watches me as I walk between our two chairs. I feel his eyes on my ass as I step away, but there's nothing I can do about that. It doesn't matter anyway. He can't touch. He can look all he damn well pleases, but he'll never be able to touch.