♡︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

Danny says nothing as he holds his hand out for mine. I almost hesitate to reach out and take it.

When I do, he doesn't step away and let me fall like I thought he would. Instead, he holds my hand to keep me steady while I step down the steep steps he just went down. When I'm down with him, he lets my hand go.

"Daniel, I don't see any pet me signs." I point out as I look around. I see pretty animals, but none that I can pet.

"Right." He nods as he begins walking through the zoo. I follow him quickly, my heels clicking loudly after him.

At least I got to wear one of my dresses today. It's pretty, black, and short. It even has a large cut out in the back so when Danny puts his hand between my shoulder blades to get me to hurry up, his hand ends up pressed against my bare skin.

I almost shiver with the warmth of his hand against my skin, but I fight it off. I speed up just slightly instead so he drops his hand from my back. "It's not exactly a petting zoo." He points out the obvious. "But it's something better."

I frown. "What's better than a petting zoo?"

"A safari."

I nearly stumble at that. Danny pauses immediately and turns to me, his hands already reaching for me in case I twist an ankle. Which I almost do. These heels are cute, but they're the tallest and thinnest ones I have. Black all over and a pretty shade of red underneath. I don't think he likes them.

"A safari? Like an actual safari that they take us driving in with the animals all at the car where they can kill us?"

Danny frowns. "Yeah...But I don't think they're going to be able to kill us."

"I hope they do."

He shakes his head at me as he continues towards wherever he thinks the beginning of the safari is. "Hurry. They start at one thirty." Danny warns as he glances back at me.

"I can't walk too fast in these." I point out in a huff. But I try to move faster since I don't want to miss it.

Danny sighs sharply. "I warned you."

"Shut up."

We, clearly, can't go ten minutes without arguing. It's an issue.

It's a bit of a challenge to make it to the safari starting point in time, but we manage. Danny pushes me up in front of him while he does the true honors for paying for whatever we need for this.

We still have to wait a little longer until we actually get onto the jeep like car that will deliver us to the animals that will maul us to death. I practically bounce with excitement as I tell Danny about how this is basically a petting zoo. One to die for.

When it's time to get in, Danny gets in before me. But he turns back to me and holds his hand out for me again since there's a step we need to take to get up there in the first place. I almost hesitate to grab his hand again. But I don't since there are people behind me who need to get in too.

He catches my elbow when I'm close enough, lifting me up into the car. Once I'm in, he drops down beside the completely open window spot. I frown. "No fair. You'll be killed first there."

"Exactly, you fucking psycho." He sends me a harsh look. I make a face at him.

"You're denying me the full experience." I point out sadly. "After you pushed me four thousand feet off the ground." I shake my head with a sigh as I look away.

"You asked me to."

"And you actually did it."

Danny and I quickly look ahead at the sound of our tour guide introducing herself. I look back to him immediately. He rolls his eyes but soon nods his head to his right, allowing me to climb over him. I grin as I lift myself up, letting him slide across the seats to get on the other side. I drop down beside the window happily.