୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

My phone rings and vibrates loudly on the little table in the corner of the room. I sit on the chair in front of it, leaning forward to rest my elbows on the table. Pushing the heels of my hands in my eyes while I groan at the constant sound.

She knows I took the honeymoon without talking to her. She's been calling and texting, and I can't even tell if she's angry or not because her texts are just telling me to answer her phone calls. She called me almost all night last night too. After I got back from the store, I sort of just locked myself away in my hotel room with all the snacks I just bought myself.

This definitely isn't the proudest moment of my life, but at least none of my loved ones are here to witness it. I can't bring myself to answer her calls. I tried earlier just to hear her out, but I hung up immediately after answering. I didn't even hear her say anything.

"Fuck," I whisper, pushing myself up from the chair to pace to the other side of the room, like my phone is dangerous and will explode. But with all the messages and phone calls, I'm afraid it might explode. It'll bring a whole new meaning to the saying 'blowing my phone up'.

It's not even because I care if she's mad. I couldn't give a shit, that would just be a reward for all of this. It's just hearing her again. I haven't heard her voice in weeks, and for some reason, I'm terrified of it. Last time I heard her voice, she was crying at me. She was begging for me to stop and give her a second of my time.

So, what's hearing her voice again going to do to me?

I've finally managed to not have her on my mind twenty-four/seven. Will talking to her again set me back? It's not like I'm worried about falling in love with her again, I'm actually fairly confident that I'm done with her. Especially after what she did to Logan. But I'm still working on getting over the set idea I had of her. We were together for years and I've had a crush on her for even longer.

I'm still getting used to not having her around, much less not loving her. It's a new feeling to not being around someone I've been around my whole life. It's hard to resent her completely. I just need to get out of the hotel. Maybe I'll leave my phone here. There's probably some sort of nature tour I can take, right?

Slowly, my eyes move to my phone that still rings and vibrates with calls and texts. I need it to find some tours online. Unless I want to go downstairs and look through those pamphlets they have out in the lobby.

Well, damnit.

__________

My phone is still buzzing with the occasional notification in my pocket on the way out of my room. "Leave me be." I whisper to myself, reaching down into my front pocket to hold down the off button to dodge her call. The only reason I haven't turned it off yet is because I need help with navigation. It's not for her.

"Oh,"

Groaning, I slowly look behind me at the person I know is there. "My day just keeps getting worse." I mumble to myself bitterly.

Skylar stands in front of her door, looking like she's leaving for the day. She blinks at me but scowls back. "We're on the same floor? Seriously?" She scoffs, locking her door behind her. Her door is just a few doors down from mine on top of that.

I wait at the elevator for her for some reason. I don't even want to share it with her. "Unfortunately." I mutter.

Skylar glances at me up and down. "You're so basic." She mumbles, staring at my outfit like she's disgusted. I look down at my simple white t-shirt and shorts with a frown.