୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

I stare up at the ceiling, laying on my back on my bed. No matter how hard I think about this, I still can't make much sense of it.

Skylar said she made plans for us yesterday. Something to do to spend our third day on our vacation. I told her I'd come get her when I'm ready but when I tried to do that, she wouldn't come to her door. I later found out that she just left without me—which was is fine. I mean, whatever. I took a long ass time getting ready because I still had a headache and wanted to go back to sleep, but she could've at least warned me she was leaving without me.

So, instead of going out, I stayed in my room almost all day and really only left to get some more ice chips. While I was out in the hall, a girl right across the hall started talking to me. I guess the air conditioning broke in her room, so she asked to share the room with me until maintenance came to fix it.

Honestly, I probably shouldn't have let this random girl into my room, but she was persistent. So, I hung out with random hallway girl for hours until eventually I decided to just kick her out in the nicest way I could. She was honestly getting kind of annoying. I'm starting to think the air in her room wasn't actually broken.

When she left, I looked down the hall and saw Skylar standing there. Of course, it was terrible timing because she'd just clearly seen a woman leaving my room after seeing a different one leave this morning. But it wasn't what it looked like. At least, the last time it wasn't. The first time was, and it wasn't my proudest moment. She was a nice girl.

Skylar went on to completely ignore me and walked down the hall, she only talked to me when I followed her to her room, but she basically told me she didn't want to hang out anymore. I still can't figure out what happened. Was it because of the girls? It couldn't have been, she seemed so casual about the conversation we had at the mall. There's no way she's mad at me for that.

When I tried to explain myself, she just interrupted me and told me I didn't have to explain anything to her. Which is true, she has no right to know about my sex life. And I have no obligation to tell her about it. But why does it also feel like it? Why does it feel like I should explain to her I didn't hook up with the girl across the hall?

Skylar told me she'd figure all of this out on her own, which confused me even more. She doesn't know how to. Is she really just going to take her chances for the rest of our vacation? I actually thought we were somewhat starting to get along, to be honest. I mean, she was still annoying, but the bearable kind of annoying. The kind of annoying I can get used to.

It was nice not being completely alone, and I think that's gone now. I think I might've heard her leave her room this morning. I have yet to even get out of bed to eat or drink something. I don't really feel like it, and I think the only reason I got out of bed yesterday and the day before was because someone was waiting for me. Now there's really no point.

Why would I get out of bed if no one's waiting for me? That seems dumb now.

With a groan, I reach over to try and grab my phone from the nightstand as it keeps buzzing. It takes me a solid twenty seconds of straining by arm before I just scoff and sit up to snatch it up, glaring at it for being so far away from me.

'How're things?'

I scowl at Logan's message, angered by the oblivious question. 'Wouldn't you like to know' I bitterly reply. I reach over to snatch my fifth beer bottle up, finishing off the last of it. It seemed like a good idea to start drinking, but now I think I realize I'm drinking on a completely empty stomach.

'Yes. That's why I asked.'

I scoff at his message and scoff again when his contact pops up on my screen with a red and green button, calling me on social media instead of my normal contact so my bill doesn't skyrocket. I go to press the red one, but my morals force my finger to slip, and I press the green.