♡︎𝚂𝚔𝚢𝚕𝚊𝚛♡︎

It's a cute skirt today. A short, beige one with a black long sleeve tucked into the waistband. For a long time, I debate on the black stockings, but decide it's the best combination along with black, thin heels.

I'm curious to see if Daniel will grimace at them.

I don't think he likes how high and thin my heels are, but he's never said anything about them specifically. He's smart enough to keep his thoughts to himself. I don't know what we're doing today, but I'm hoping it's not something so...active.

While I wait for Daniel to come out, I lean against the wall beside his door and look down at my phone, trying to catch up with the rapidly moving group chat.

"Come on, ladies. Let me back in." I plead quickly to myself. I'm completely out of the loop here. I texted Christina about it all. Even she doesn't know what's happening and she's an avid user of the chat.

I don't even glance to my left when the door beside me opens. If I do, I'll lose track of it all.

"Jesus—"

Daniel is easily startled.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I huff at him and finally look away from my phone, giving up on it all. "Waiting for you." I scowl as I tuck my phone into my small handbag.

Daniel glances down at my outfit. A grimace.

I purse my lips. "I want breakfast." I inform. "And I want to look at the museums you mentioned."

"Good for you."

I stare back at him until he realizes how mean he's being for no reason at all.

Daniel's shoulders slowly drop with his silent sigh. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asks, quieter this time as he averts his gaze.

I tip my chin up. "Pancakes."

He nods once. "Fine." Daniel is already walking around me towards the elevator. I quickly follow him with a smile. Daniel pulls his phone out while we wait for the elevator. I look over at his phone, simply watching as he searches for a breakfast place—with pancakes—around us. "I'm going to try to find a place to rent a car." Daniel tells me absently. "So, figure out what you want to do."

I frown. He glances up from his phone when the elevator dings at us but looks right back down as he steps inside. I'm left standing out of the elevator for a few extra seconds before I follow him in.

"I thought we agreed we'd be vacation buddies."

Daniel makes a face of displeasure. "I never agreed to that name."

"But you agreed to the concept."

He drops his hand to his side, no longer staring down at his phone. "Yes, I did." He confirms slowly. "What's your point?"

I shake my head slowly. "What do I need to figure out? I thought we were doing this together."

Daniel stares for a handful of seconds before he seems to catch onto what he said. "No—Figure out what you want to do today." He clarifies slowly. "So I can incorporate going to find a rental car somewhere in our day."

"Oh." I blink. Daniel sighs as he walks out of the elevator when the doors open. I hurry after him.

"Figure out which museum you want." Daniel clarifies some more with a short glance my way. "If going to a museum is all you want for today. All of that."

I can't get rid of my frown. "How do I look at the museums around us?"

Daniel groans at that. "God, you're hopeless." He whispers to himself, irritated.