୨𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚢୧

It's not like it was my intention when I invited her into my room. I'm not even the one who stepped so close. Who turned it into something more than it originally was.

That was her. I was nothing more than an innocent bystander.

I grimace as I pull my shirt up some with my back facing the mirror. I can't exactly see it fully, but from what I can see, I decide I can't go to the beach. Or the swimming pool.

Red scratch marks cross my back. Up, down, and even a little across. She spent all night clawing fucking hashtags across my skin. I don't really want to acknowledge it because it means I have some serious shit to look into about myself, but the scratches seem to be a factor in what can—apparently—get me off. That and Skylar herself.

I'm too pent up to worry about what will help get me off. It doesn't matter anyway, I guess.

"'Scuse me, girlie. Are you done with your hair and makeup yet? I need in there."

I drop the back of my shirt and roll my eyes as I reach out for the doorknob. Skylar stands there casually, waiting. She gives a quick smile before she squeezes past me. I watch her, unsure of how to feel about her.

I don't know if I should be annoyed or relieved she's still in my room. It's been twenty minutes since we both woke up, and she's still here. On one hand, I literally begged her to stay yesterday because I actually need her with me so I don't throw myself off the deep end. On the other, this is very poor one-night stand educate.

"Are you going to watch me pee, or what?"

I ignore her, simply turning my back to the rest of the bathroom and crossing my arms over my chest as I lean against the doorframe.

"What exactly do we do now?"

"You're truly disturbed." She grumbles. But I hear her shuffling around behind me anyway.

"You're still here, so you're clearly not trying to avoid me."

"And I'd avoid you, why?"

I don't have an answer for her. Why would she avoid me? Because we spent the night together, I guess. But that really doesn't call for any childish avoiding.

"What do you want to do today?" I sigh, choosing to simply move on like she seems to be doing.

"Pee in peace."

"Yeah, you should've gone to your own room for that." I dismiss, glancing over my shoulder when I hear the sink. Skylar glares at me through the mirror.

"I don't know, Danny. I'm out of ideas." She dismisses as she looks away from me and down at her hands under the water.

"Well, I am too."

Skylar chuckles. "How are we out of ideas of what to do in Costa Rica?"

I smile to myself. "I don't know." I admit. "But to be fair, neither of us really had any expectations when we got here." I remind as I get off the doorframe to turn to face her again.

"I guess." She mutters as she picks up a hand towel. "But I need to go back to my room anyway. Shower and stuff." It's more of a reminder to herself than anything.

"Yeah," I acknowledge, still watching her even when she steps in front of me. She clearly is waiting for me to get out of her way, but I don't.

Skylar shrugs. "Maybe I'll go swimming. You're welcome to join." She offers, maybe thinking she needs to offer me plans before I get out of her way.