Softcore by The Neighborhood

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 (𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡)
𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐩 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 (𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡)
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡
𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐫 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?
𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞."

~

Laurel stared into the mirror of his dorm room, looking over his outfit once more, the thought almost made him chuckle, here he was about to fight for the life he loves and he was worrying about his outfit. Yet he was careful with it, since these could be the clothes he dies in.

And in the end he inevitably chose a simple maroon red long sleeve shirt, jeans, and a pair of sneakers, his hand clutched around a gold and red ribbon Alden had gifted him before leaving to get dressed in her own dorm. He wrapped it around his wrist before glancing out towards the window, it was the middle of the night, yet Laurel had never been more awake.

Everything he could feel in that moment, and yet he felt empty, he felt nothing in those moments, and as he moved to pick up his wand he felt fear course through his veins. The words Voldermort spoke into the minds of the student body an hour before echoed, that if the students handed over Harry, Hogwarts would be spared. Laurel frowned at the thought, knowing that inevitably someone would think of doing so, most likely a Slytherin.

He turned his wand over in his hand a few times, rolling his wrists, recounting his arsenal of spells in his mind to keep them fresh. He would need them mere minutes from now, he needed to be fast yet focused if he wanted any chance of making it through alive.

He took a deep breath before walking out of his dorm room and heading down the staircase into the Gryffindor Common room, of which was bustling with students. Some headed through the entrance to go to their battle stations, others pacing, a few crying, and then there was Alden, she wore a red camisole with a black zip up jacket that covered the top of her jeans, and a pair of sneakers. Her braids were tied back in a ponytail with a red and gold ribbon in her hair, her eyes found Laurel and the pair raced to each other embracing.

Laurel clutched her tightly to him as he spoke with a hush whisper.

"Remember our conversation right before we started our third year at hogwarts?"

"I think so. Yes."

"I'm sorry Denden. I think I jinxed us. I think this was the underlying cause I was theorizing about."

Alden laughed, and just like her whispers, it was muffled by her burying her face in his shoulder, she pulled away from the hug with a smile.

"We will face it together Laurie."

Laurel let go of the hug, but held onto Alden's hand as they began to make their way towards the entrance of the Gryffindor dorm.

"The Slytherins have been escorted to the Dungeon."

"Good thing, so they can't join His ranks."

Alden looked sharply at Laurel.

"So none of them would have to fight their parents, Laurel."

Laurel felt his stomach fill with guilt, that was quickly eaten away by his fear of what was to come, crouching down as he followed Alden through the entrance.

"This also means Opal and my cousin are safe. Which is a relief. Nadeleine as well."