Family Line by Conan Gray

"𝐎𝐡, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
(𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬)
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭, 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭
𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞, 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐭?
𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭
(𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞)"

~

Laurel walked down the path laughing with Quinn and Robin in tow, they had just dropped Alden off at her home after going to a professional quidditch game together. Robin handed Laurel the rest of their cotton candy of which Laurel ate graciously as Quinn continued on spinning a tale of his recent disastrous date with Calia.

"And you won't believe who showed up. Zion! Of all people. Walking into the three broomsticks while Calia and I were just about to kiss, and he went 'snogging my sister in public Quinn? Seriously. Get some class.' We weren't even snogging!"

Robin and Laurel laughed at Quinn's distraught waving of his arms as they walked to the gate of the house, Laurel opened it before Quinn and Robin walked in before he did. As they made it to the door of the home, Quinn ruffled Laurel's hair with a smile.

"Take care alright kiddo?"

"I'm thirteen Quinn."

"Still a kid."

Laurel frowned, earning him another ruffle from Quinn and an amused smile from Robin before the pair was walking back down the walkway. Laurel opened the door to his home and took off his shoes by the door.

"I'm home!"

"Oh goody! The cookies just finished!"

Laurel stopped in his tracks.

That was a woman's voice, he quickly pulled his wand out and poised himself for a possible fight just as his father rounded the corner, his hair was perfectly trimmed, he wore a sweater vest over a button up shirt and a pair of slacks. Laurel kept his wand firmly in his hand as he raised an eyebrow at his father's appearance.

"You look...groomed."

His father smiled at him and patted his shoulder in a gesture of thanks before gripping it gently.

"I have someone for you to meet."

The man dragged his son along the way to the kitchen where a woman in a green satin dress was setting down a simple brown apron over the edge of a chair. Her hair was black and shiny with a simple pearl hair pin holding it back, and her snake-like eyes a blueish green color. When she saw Laurel and his father enter she beamed with a smile before hugging Laurel like she had known him all his life, the boy went rigid before she let go and kissed her father's cheek.

Laurel was starting to understand what was happening now.

"Cecilia. This is Laurel. My son."

"I've heard so much about you. It's wonderful to finally meet you."

Laurel wished he could say the same but he simply nodded.

"And Laurel this is Cecilia my-"

"Girlfriend? I kind of figured."

"My fiance."