Leave a Light On by Tom Walker

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥
𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞
𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲
𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐲
𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧
𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧."

~

"God that sounds awful. I'm so sorry Laurel."

The sympathetic tone that left Robin irked Laurel, he had heard the tone ever since he arrived home from Hogwarts, and he hoped, in the basement of the Blundells home it would be different, that he wouldn't have to even think about Dumbledore's passing, and that he could throw himself into helping plan the wedding. And yet here he was, giving the same numbed response he had given to his father and stepmother; a shrug.

"It was, but it hit some of the students harder."

"Some of the muggleborn students, I presume?"

Laurel nodded as he watched Zion leaned his head atop of Robin's.

"It makes sense, Dumbledore was a shield for the school and now that he's gone..."

Zion trailed off, it wasn't hard for Laurel to put together the pieces, now that Dumbledore was gone Hogwarts was vulnerable.

"Hogwarts is no longer safe."

The group was silent for a moment before Quinn chuckled, his face was buried into a notebook, filled with all the notes they had brainstormed so far for the wedding.

"When was Hogwarts ever truly safe? Remember the troll?"

It brought a laugh from Robin and even a smile to Zion's face, Quinn continued, encouraged by their reactions.

"Or when Sirius Black escaped? They never caught him, did they?"

The group began to laugh as the basement stairs creaked, and down walked Calia, carrying a tray of chilled butterbeer and being trailed by Alden and Laith. She set down the tray as she moved to sit on the ground beside Quinn, her eyes glancing over the notebook.

"Did you guys come up with any ideas for the wedding while we were gone?"

Quinn sat up and held his hand out to help Calia sit on the ground, and Laurel found himself mimicking the action for Alden who had to press her lips together to avoid laughing.

"My dear darling fiance! You can't rush the particular care needed to change this basement into the best wedding venue the Wizarding World has ever seen."

"I only see one thing on this piece of paper. Quinn Blundell, do you want to get married or not?"

Quinn cupped Calia's face and gave her a quick kiss, causing Zion to gag like a small child.

"I do want to get married to you Calia."