Ophelia by Lumineers

"𝐎𝐡, 𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐎𝐡, 𝐎𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚
𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞"
~

Laurel sat on the couch of the Gryffindor common room with Laith, who had been tutoring him on spells for the past hour or so. As the older wizard demonstrated the simple spells Laurel followed along closely and took notes down. Laith smiled as it seemed he was catching on to the lesson.

"What are the classes you signed up for next year?"

"I don't know. I just copied whatever my father wrote down on the letter he sent me."

Laith furrowed his brow at the boy's answer, his eyes filling with concern.

"Do you have any idea of what you want to do with your life after you graduate?"

"I plan to become an auror like my father."

"Not what your father wants. What you want."

Laurel paused his writing for a moment and looked at Laith who looked back at him with a quizzical expression on his face, he was expecting an answer. An answer Laurel couldn't provide, because he never thought that far.

To be fair, he never thought he would get that far, he shrugged and went back to working on his notes.

"I don't know, what about you?"

Laith smiled and puffed up his chest with a smile.

"I plan to play it safe, work at the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Work my way up to Department head and who knows, might become the minister one day."

The pair laughed before Laith leaned back on the couch, he glanced out the window.

"So, how have you been doing with the whole Dumbledore and Hagrid being gone?"

"Draco has been unbearable since, bragging about how great and influential his father is. It was the school governor's decision."

Laith laughs and leans over the side of the couch he sat on upside down, his tie hung in his face as Laurel began cleaning up his books and notes.

"That's how those rich snobby uppity Pureblood families are like."

"I want to make him blow up like a balloon."

"He's not worth the magic."

"He might be."

"No."

~

Laurel and Alden walked along the walkways of Hogwarts heading towards the dining hall, Alden had been chattering away throughout the duration of the walk answering Laurel's never-ending stream of questions in the lieu of his confusion.

"So. Let me get this straight. Dumbledore is back. "

"Go on."

"Lockhart has lost all recollection of his former self."

"Mhm. They were taking him to St. Mungo's last time I checked."

"Which means we don't have any more Defense against the Dark Arts Classes?"

"I assume so."

"Then what about exams?"

"Not quite sure. If they cancel that's great for me."

"Me as well, but I know that Kamari will be devastated."

"I think he may be more joyful that he is no longer in danger of being petrified."