You Get Me So High by The Neighborhood

"𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭
𝐈𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐟 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬
𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞
𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞?"

~

Laurel came to in the train seat with his arms around Alden slowly waking up from his nap, the quietness of the train cart nearly startling him, he looked across to find most of his friends asleep as well. Opal had laid on the floor of the train cart using their robe as a pillow, Nadeleine leaned on the window across from Liya who leaned on Alden's calves, Durga's head was leaned back as she slept with her hands laid carefully in her lap, Dareen slept with his head on Kamari's shoulder who had an arm wrapped around him while holding a book.

Kamari glanced up at Laurel from his book with a nod of acknowledgement.

"I feel this compartment gets smaller each year ."

Laurel laughed as he adjusted himself on the seat of the train being careful of disturbing Alden who slept with her head on his chest.

"The compartment stays the same, we don't."

Kamari rolled his eyes at Laurel.

"I may be inept at most things in the magical world, Laurel but I knew that already."

Laurel shrugged with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Just making sure."

The pair of boys laughed before quieting down after seeing Durga stir slightly, Kamari closed his book and seemed to be deep in thought for a moment.

"Remember when we were first years riding the train home and we made that promise to make our years at Hogwarts worthwhile?"

"Yeah?"

"Seeing one of our classmates dead was not what I envisioned."

Laurel nodded, he could almost laugh at the irony of it all, how little his problems felt back then, how a troll breaking into Hogwarts seemed nearly matterless now.

"I doubt any of us expected this was how our school year would end."

"I genuinely don't want to believe Volde- you know who is back. I wish I could just think that Dumbledore has gone senile and it was Harry who killed Cedric but...you saw him."

Laurel could never forget the way Harry clung to Cedric's dead body, cried, and screamed, he looked vulnerable in that moment, it was almost as if they all were all back in year 1 and the boy who lived had just been sorted. And who can forget the near husk of a teenage boy Harry had been in the days following, he never struck Laurel to be that good of an actor to put on such a grandiose performance as that.

"I don't think I can forget how I saw him, I don't think anyone there will. We all weren't expecting to see a dead body. Let alone one of our classmates."

Kamari nodded before he looked down at Dareen who had begun to snore.

"You know what's the scariest part of all of this Laurel?"

"What?"

"The fact that we have no idea how much our lives are going to change."

~