right where you left me by Taylor Swift

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧
𝐈, 𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝-𝐮𝐩 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝."

~

"It's time we start studying."

"Kamari. Our exams aren't for another few months."

"Exactly! Which means we are already behind Laurel! We need to get started now."

The pair of boys walked along the halls of Hogwarts towards the Great Hall for study hall, the late January air nipping at their noses as they walked. Laurel tilted his head slightly while raising his head in amusement.

"Are you suggesting we restart the study group? Without getting permission to do so? Is Kamari Iyer suggesting we break the rules?"

Kamari's eyes narrowed as he looked at Laurel, the boy could swear he saw Kamari's eye twitch a little at the accusation.

"Of course not! We are only two more school years away from graduating, I am not risking it. How would anyone take my charity seriously if I got expelled from Hogwarts?"

Laurel nodded, he should've known, Kamari was cautious, none of their other friends were avid rule breakers but Kamari had a tendency to follow all the rules to the letter, even ones that contradicted.

"Right. Right. Your charity, how's that going for you so far?"

"I'm glad you asked, over winter break I started working on the ground work, where I plan to store the money, how to distribute it, and some starter projects. My father helped actually with helping me plan the money aspect, he's a banker, however the starter projects were all planned by me, since both of my parents are muggles they wouldn't really grasp what a muggleborn wizard may need in wizarding society."

Laurel nodded as they continued walking as he listened to Kamari ramble on about the Muggleborn charity he planned to start, he was glad the boy had something to be passionate about following Hogwarts. Laurel himself knew what he wanted to do; to become an auror, but he wasn't nearly as passionate about it as Kamari was about his charity, he was simply fueled by spite.

"When we graduate Hogwarts don't be afraid to reach out. I'll gladly help with your charity, I'm sure Alden would love to as well."

Kamari smiled before he looked in front of them.

"What a coincidence."

Laurel looked over and found Alden running towards them, the ends of the red and gold ribbon she wore fluttering as she barrelled towards the pair. The boy found himself reaching for his own matching ribbon loosely wrapped around his wrist, as Alden continued barreling towards them, Laurel set his books down to catch her holding onto her shoulders.

"Is something the matter?"

Alden, who was panting, held out a crumpled letter, of which Laurel took and began to read.

' My dear daughter,

I hope you're doing well in your studies at Hogwarts, it would be wise of you to remember that this year you have your O.W.L.S which may determine your possibility of classes for the next two years. Let your father and I know as soon as you need something to help you with your studying.