Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood

"𝐎𝐡, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬
𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝐍𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭, 𝐧𝐨 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐧𝐨
'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝
𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝
𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫"

~

Laurel knew Harry Potter was a glory-hungry boy, but he didn't think he had a death wish.

As the grand hall erupts with outrage from students of the three schools as the boy in question walks up to stand by the other champions Laurel balled up his fist. Of course he himself, even if given the opportunity to put his name into the goblet wouldn't do it. He would seek glory other ways, more survivable ways, very much unlike Harry Potter, he glanced over to Alden from the corner of his gaze, he took in the shock on her face and leaned over.

"How do you think he did it? I mean, Dumbledore put that age line himself, he couldn't exactly step over it."

Alden shook her head slightly as she kept her gaze fixated on the champions in front of her.

"I have no idea."

"Not even a silly guess."

"Like what? He flew a phoenix over it and dropped his name in?"

"Not that silly."

"But you said-"

"Little Sun!"

Laurel furrowed his brows and tightened his jaw as he watched Alden's face light up and her body turn towards the source of the voice.

Grigor Zakharov. A fourth year Durmstrang student, who bowed to Alden and kissed her hand as Laurel looked towards him, his floppy light brown hair tied back into a small ponytail as his light green deep set eyes darted to Alden's warm dark brown almond ones. He smiled at her and she smiled back as Laurel resisted the urge to scowl. Grigor glanced over to Laurel and bowed his head only slightly.

"Good to see you Laurel."

"Same."

Laurel crossed his arms as Grigor went to shake his hand, the two stood in silence for a moment before Alden interrupted to melt the tension.

"What do you think of the champions Grigor?"

"I believe even with Hogwarts having two champions they won't beat Krum."

Laurel raised an eyebrow at the boy's statement.

"You seem rather confident for a school that has never won a Triwizard tournament."

Grigor smiled confidently.

"Viktor is the best quidditch player in the world. Of course he will also make an amazing champion."

Laurel looked over to Alden deadpanned who smiled back at before he decided to stretch his arms in an exaggerated fashion before looking over to Grigor.

"It is growing late. I'm going to bed, Alden are you coming?"

The girl shook her head with her smile still etched on her face.