We'll be the Stars by Sabrina Carpenter

"𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠, 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝
𝐓𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲
𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞"

~

"Laurie, hurry up!"

"How about you try not getting wrapped up in a blanket?"

"I'm holding the basket."

Laurel looked at Alden unamused as they neared their spot right in front of the four large oak trees, Laurel laid down the blanket and smoothed it out on the ground. Alden sat down the basket she had been carrying, she pulled out 4 boxes of chocolate frogs, a variety of slices of cakes, and an assortment of pasties.

"My mom packed them when I told her we would be out late."

"Your mother is a miracle."

Laurel picked up a chocolate frog and watched it leap out the container, it hopped onto the blanket and luckily he grabbed it before he hopped into the grass. He ate it with a smile and looked over to Alden who was laughing, he in turn began to laugh as well before lying back on the blanket and looking at the summer sky as it melted slowly into night. He watched as the stars began to make their debut onto the sky before looking over to Alden who was also admiring the pinkish hue melting into a dark blue.

"You know, you never let me look at your wand."

"I could say the same for yours."

The pair pulled out their wands and switched them with each other. Laurel turned Alden's wand around in his hand a little observing it; the wand was Alder wood that looked to only be an inch shorter than his own and was rather flexible, contrasting with his own that was holly wood, rigid, and 11 inches. Alden looked up from the wand and handed it back to Laurel as he handed hers back as well.

"What's the core?"

"Unicorn hair."

Alden smiled.

"Mines as well."

Laurel smiled back before tucking his wand away, picking up a pastie and biting into it before laying back on the blanket, he looked up at the night sky. Hearing some rustling to his side he noticed Alden had also lied down beside him taking bites of a slice of cake.

"Why did you want to go out so late?"

"To practice for Astronomy."

"Astronomy? A class that is one of the few we have top marks in?"

"Yes."

Laurel smiled and went back to concentrating on the night sky.

"If you wanted to go star-gazing you could have simply asked."

"Oh hush."

~

Laurel sat on the last step of his staircase that led to the bedrooms of his home tying his shoes, his father watched him from the doorway with a concerned look.

"Where are you off to?"

"Quinn and his friends invited Denden and I to Diagon Alley to hang out."

"The Blundell boy? Are you sure you should be hanging out with someone that much older. I mean you're only twelve."

"You leave me alone at home by myself for weeks at a time."

"Yes but you have the Noyers here to watch out for you."