Pansy's Manipulative Plan

The students gathered for the reopening of the Dueling Club by Lockhart. Pansy and Bellarose were among the first to arrive. The two young witches exchanged a defiant look. Pansy thought she would finally be able to prove that she was the best, while Bellarose was eager to vent her frustrations from the recent events. Lockhart, dressed in his usual flamboyant attire, stepped forward to the center of the room with a dazzling smile.

Lockhart: "My dear students, I am delighted to be here tonight to reopen the Dueling Club! We have a special evening prepared for you, with thrilling duels and impressive demonstrations."

The enthusiastic applause of the students filled the room but quickly subsided when Severus Snape made his entrance.

Lockhart: "Professor Snape is here with me today to show you how it's going to work."

The Potions professor had reluctantly agreed to participate in Lockhart's demonstration, though his disdain for the former Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was evident. The two professor stood facing each other, wands at the ready. Lockhart appeared confident, while Snape wore his usual impassive expression.

Lockhart: "And now, prepare to be amazed! 3... 2... 1..."

Snape: "Expelliarmus."

Snape cast a spell with astonishing fluidity. A green bolt of light shot from his wand, Lockhart didn't have time to react before he was pushed back by Snape's spell, once again proving Lockhart's incompetence. After the demonstration, two students were chosen for the first duel, much to the disappointment of Pansy and Bellarose, they turned out to be Draco and Harry.

The duel between Harry and Draco was intense. The two wizards faced each other, their wands sparkling with spells cast. The duel was close, with neither of them willing to yield.

However, Draco, realizing the significance of the situation, decided to take a risk. With a smooth movement of his wand, he conjured a menacing serpent that lunged toward an innocent Hufflepuff who was watching the duel nearby.

Screams of terror filled the room as the serpent approached the Hufflepuff, ready to attack. That's when Harry made a bold and desperate decision to speak to the snake. The serpent seemed to come to a sudden stop, its head swaying from side to side as it fixed its gaze on Harry. The students were silent, not understanding what was happening. In the end, the duel was interrupted by Snape, who disintegrated the serpent. The class was adjourned, much to the disappointment of Bellarose and Pansy.

After the interruption of the duel between Harry and Draco, the room was still charged with emotion. Students whispered and discussed the incident that had occurred during the duel. Pansy was furious, she hadn't had her duel against Bellarose and was determined to prove that she was the best.

After the class, Pansy decided to take matters into her own hands. She sought out Gilderoy Lockhart, who was still in the room, chatting with other students. With her most charming smile, she approached the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

Pansy: "Professor Lockhart, I'm so disappointed that the duel between Draco and Harry was interrupted. I was really looking forward to seeing who would come out on top. You know, we the students, could benefit from more practice in dueling. It would be fantastic if you could give us extra lessons outside of class hours."

Lockhart looked at Pansy, his eyes gleaming with admiration for himself. He loved being in the spotlight, and the idea of teaching enthusiastic students would certainly boost his already established notoriety.

Lockhart: "You know, Miss Parkinson, your idea is excellent! I'm sure my dueling skills could be very beneficial for you. However, I can't teach just one student. I'd say we'd need at least a dozen students for it to be worthwhile."