Quidditch Trials

Bellarose awoke with a start in the middle of the night, her breath shallow, her face drenched in sweat, her nightshirt clinging to her skin. The nightmare had been so intense, so real, that she felt like she was reliving that horrific scene at Malfoy Manor.

In her dream, she found herself in the dark reception hall of the manor, surrounded by luxury and opulence. The floor was cold beneath her bare feet. She held a precious vase in her hands, which she was cleaning under Narcissa's orders. But suddenly, Draco bumped into her while descending the stairs, causing the vase to slip from her fingers and crash loudly onto the marble floor.

Lucius Malfoy's anger had been instantaneous. He approached her menacingly, his cane already in hand. Bellarose had tried to explain, to say that it was Draco who had pushed her, but Lucius had listened to none of her excuses. He had struck her violently, causing her to fall to the ground in pain.

The nightmare had become even darker, more terrifying. Bellarose saw herself, vulnerable and injured, on the reception hall floor, as Lucius Malfoy continued to berate her, reminding her of her place.

Shaken by the memory of the nightmare, Bellarose slowly got out of her bed at Hogwarts. She knew it was just a dream, a painful memory from the past, but it still haunted her. She went to the window of her room and looked outside, seeking comfort in the tranquility of the starry night.

Bellarose stood by the window, her eyes fixed on the moon shining in the night sky. The images from the nightmare still swirled in her mind, and her heart raced. She knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anytime soon.

After a moment of gazing at the night, Bellarose walked over to a small shelf near her bed. She picked up a potion-making book she had borrowed from the Hogwarts library a few days earlier. Reading had always been one of her refuges.

She settled comfortably on her bed, the potion-making book open in front of her. The pages were filled with recipes and descriptions of magical ingredients. Bellarose began to read, absorbed in the intricate details of various potions.

Hours passed quickly, but Bellarose was so engrossed in her reading that she didn't even notice. Finally, as the first light of dawn began to filter through the curtains of her window, Bellarose gently closed the book. She felt calmer, more at peace. Reading had managed to drive away the horrors of her nightmare, at least for the moment.

After closing the potion-making book, Bellarose got out of bed and stretched gently. She needed to clear her mind and prepare for the day ahead at Hogwarts. Shedding her sticky nightshirt, she headed to the bathroom adjoining her room.

The warm water from the shower was soothing, and Bellarose let the drops run over her skin, carrying away the last traces of her nightmare. After getting dressed, Bellarose realized that she still had some time before the quidditch trials. She decided to get some fresh air.

Finally ready, Bellarose left her room and made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

____________________________________________________________

The Quidditch pitch at Hogwarts was bathed in sunlight. Bellarose stood on the edge of the field, her stomach tied in knots with excitement and nervousness. She had decided to try out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a Beater, and today was the day of the tryouts.

Madame Hooch, the flying instructor, stood in the center of the field with an encouraging smile on her face. The other students trying out were already present, and the atmosphere was electric.

Madame Hooch: "Welcome, everyone, to the Hufflepuff Quidditch team tryouts! But before we begin, let me introduce your team captain, William Turner, a 6th-year student."

William, a charismatic student wearing a Hufflepuff Quidditch team cape, stood next to Madame Hooch. He greeted the crowd with a friendly wave.

William: "Hello, everyone! I'm thrilled to see so much potential in this team. We're looking for someone who can help us win the cup this year, so give it your all! As you know, we're looking for new talent, especially  to fill the positions of Beater and Seeker."

Bellarose felt a mix of excitement and nervousness, she could see that she was the youngest.

The tryouts began, each of the candidates took turns showcasing their skills with the Beater's bat. She watched the other players closely. Some were already very talented, but she didn't let that discourage her. She had a fierce determination to succeed.

Finally, it was her turn. Bellarose took the bat in her hand, her heart pounding. She positioned herself in front of the Bludgers that floated in the air, awaiting Madame Hooch's signal.

William: "Bellarose Lestrang, Anthony Rickett, it's your turn! Go for it!"

As Bellarose's name was announced, a murmur of surprise ran through the crowd. Some students looked at each other suspiciously. A couple of insults were hurled her way from those who knew of her dark family heritage.

Bellarose felt the weight of many suspicious eyes on her, but she decided to focus on the task at hand. She struck the first Bludger with remarkable precision, sending it soaring across the field. She moved fluidly and gracefully, displaying an innate skill for the Beater position. The second Bludger met the same fate, to the awe of some spectators.

During the tryouts, Bellarose and Anthony Rickett clearly stood out from the other candidates. Their Beater skills were exceptional, and,for a first time, their coordination on the field was impressive. Cedric Diggory, on the other hand, showed great agility and astonishing speed in capturing the Golden Snitch.

Tension was palpable as the tryouts came to an end. William Turner and the rest of the team withdrew to deliberate, leaving the candidates and spectators in eager anticipation.

Finally, after a brief discussion, William returned to the field with a satisfied smile.

William: "Well, we've made our decision. For the Beater positions, we've chosen Bellarose Lestrang and Anthony Rickett. Both of you showed promising mastery of the Beater's role and great determination. Congratulations!"

The fact that Bellarose was chosen as the Beater for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team surprised the audience greatly. Not only was she a Lestrange, but she was also a first-year student, making her selection all the more exceptional.

The Beater position was known to be one of the most dangerous on the field, requiring great agility, strength, and a keen sense of accuracy. Traditionally, this position was usually given to at least third-year students or higher due to the physical challenges it entailed.

Surprise was visible on many faces in the stands, and murmurs filled the air. Some wondered if Bellarose was truly ready for such a role, while others were curious to see if she could overcome pressure.

Bellarose, on the other hand, felt both honored and determined. She was aware of the expectations and doubts surrounding her, but she was ready for the challenge. She was determined to prove that she deserved her place on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, regardless of her family name or age.

William: "And for the Seeker position, we've chosen Cedric Diggory. His speed and agility are impressive, and we believe he'll complement the team perfectly."

Applause erupted in the crowd, mixed with a few approving whistles. Bellarose, Anthony, and Cedric looked at each other with a mixture of excitement and pride. They had earned their spots on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team and were ready to face the challenges ahead.

William Turner stepped forward to congratulate the new team members and offered them a friendly piece of advice.

William: "Work hard, stick together, and we can win the cup this year!"

Bellarose smiled, feeling that this opportunity was a fresh start for her, a chance to show the world that she was much more than her family name.