Chapter 40 ~ Hannah

Chapter 40 ~ Hannah

Despite my initial reluctance, I’m having a great time. Mostly, it’s because everyone is making me laugh and telling me embarrassing things about Harry. He gave up already, he knows he can’t stop his friends from making him look bad but even if I won’t accept this out loud, I like knowing embarrassing things about Harry. Those things make him more real and that helps me forget he is an international popstar that travels the world and is always busy.

I love when Alex and Moni tell me about that time they watched The Woman in Black and Harry decided to climb on Zayn as if he were a mountain. I laughed so hard I had to sit down picturing that moment, but then I looked at Harry and his cheeks were burning bright. And at that sight, my heart melted.

All Harry’s friends are nice, and the lads are amazing people. Even Louis, though he avoids me all the time and looks at me as if he were waiting for me to take my sword and start beheading people. I’m sorry for him, for the way he looks at everyone. Not only the girls in the house, but also his friends. I see longing and I would like to know what is in his head. And that makes me wonder how Harry feels about it. If I can see this in his best friend, he surely can as well. He must be really worried.

Mila is great and she even gave me a copy of her book, which looks amazing and which I’ll start reading tonight. She has a very special relationship with Harry as well, they are very close and she looks at him as if he were her little brother, the same way Moni looks at him but both girls treat him very differently. While Mila treats him as an equal, a best friend, Moni is the mean older sister that likes to use him as a punching bag, but I’m pretty sure she would kill someone if that person hurts her little brother.

They have been so nice to me, trying to make me feel comfortable, and when I still feel awkward for seeing so many people around me, Harry takes my hand and I can relax again. Sometimes I watch Kay, so outgoing and carefree, making easy chat with everyone, getting along with all the girls immediately. She fits in the group so well and she has this shining thing around her, the kind of shine that makes you want to get closer to her like a moth to a light bulb.

“Are you having fun?” Someone asks me when Harry is called by Grimmy who’s the one in charge of playing music that night.

I turn around and I see the blonde girl who opened the door, Phoebe. She is smiling sweetly at me as she holds her mug with steamy tea. Almost everyone is drinking, but not her. “I am,” I reply. “Everyone is so nice.”

“And energetic, don’t forget that. I understand if it gets a bit overwhelming, they are all so outgoing and loud,” she tells me and I look at all of them. Yes, they are loud, but it’s fun to watch them. “I adore them. We used to be only Alex, Belle and me but since we met the lads, loads of new people have come into our lives as well and it’s great. You know, it almost feels like a big family.”

I look at her and the way she is watching all the people in the house. There’s this special look in her eyes, like pride and gratitude swirling in her green irises.

“I hope you don’t mind me telling you this, but Hannah.” She looks at me seriously. “We’ve all lost someone in a way. But as you may lose someone, you can win another person. The important thing is not to shut the door to those people that want to be with you now. They can’t replace someone that left, but they make the pain easier to bear.”

I can’t say anything, I’m utterly speechless and she must know because she smiles wider and without previous notice, she hugs me. For a second I don’t really respond, but then her words sink and I hug her back. I have to let other people in as well, as I did with Harry. Some of them may leave, but Phebs is right, others will come and will help me heal like Harry has done. I just have to keep working.