Chapter 36 ~ Hannah

Chapter 36 ~ Hannah

When I close the door, my heart is still beating like an army marching through my chest and I can’t get rid of the silly grin on my lips. I can’t believe what I did, I can’t believe I’ve taken this step but I don’t regret it, not for a single second. I’m… I’m happy, I feel alive, I feel like a new Hannah, a whole and lighter Hannah, someone who can laugh and really mean it, someone who can say she is fine and it’s going to be true. And it’s all because of Harry, because I stopped fighting my own feelings for him and I accepted what we have.

When he told me that even if he had to leave, he would come back for me… when he looked me in the eyes, asking me to believe him and trust him, somehow I knew he was being a hundred per cent honest. He doesn’t want to leave and even if something takes him away from me, he’ll come back. I believe him now and I accepted I want to be with him. I let him in and I want him here with me.

I giggle as I remember the way he looked at me when I kissed him and then the way he reacted when I kissed him again. I really, really like him and finally giving in to these feelings I have for him is like taking a weight off of my shoulders.

“Hannah? Is that you?” Dad asks and that makes me come back from my daydream land. I shake my head to clear my mind before answering him.

“Yes, I’m back,” I shout back as I walk towards the kitchen, where I hear his voice coming from. “Sorry I went out without letting you know,” I add when I walk in and I see him making homemade tea. “That smells great.”

“I’ll make some for you too. Where were you?” He asks with a smile. “You look happy. I think I haven’t seen you smile like that in a long time.”

“I am happy, Dad. Very, very happy,” I tell him getting closer to wrap my arms around his waist.

He looks surprised but then he hugs me back quickly. “And what happened to make you this happy?” He inquires and I feel my cheeks burning. “Please, don’t tell me it’s a boy!”

I chuckle at the way he reacts and that makes him take me by the shoulders. “Relax, Dad. He is a nice guy, he is helping me a lot to get better.”

“Oh my God, you got a boyfriend. What should I do now? I need to meet him, I need to know his intentions with my little girl. I need to warn him that if he hurts you––”

“Daddy!” I cut him off and he blinks up at me a couple of times. “You don’t have to do that stuff. It’s fine, he is really a nice guy and I’m sure he would never be as stupid as to hurt me. Harry is a good lad, you’ll like him.”

Dad looks at me still confused and worried, which I find very funny. I guess he wasn’t expecting this to happen. “Is he the same lad who took you on a date?”

“He is the same lad that I’ve been going out a lot with lately,” I answer and he takes a deep breath.

“If you say he is a nice lad, I believe you. If you say that of him, if he makes you smile like this.” He stops for a second to smile at me. “Then he must be really trustworthy.”

I hug him back. I just feel like that, like hugging everyone. I’m just that happy.

* * *

“Why are you still here?” I ask my best friend while I play on the floor of my room with Hope. She is very awake today and she is in this hunter mood, attacking everything that moves.

“Because I want to hug Harry and tell him he is my hero. I still can’t believe you two got together! He did it!” Savannah squeals and I roll my eyes, but I feel my cheeks burning. “Remember when you met him? And when I told you that maybe he was what you wanted and needed? Yes, I was right… as usual. Let me tell you how awesome I am! Yeah, baby!” She sings jumping on my bed. Man, is she excited.