Chapter 15 ~ Harry

Chapter 15 ~ Harry 

I see her go and I groan in frustration. Sometimes she can be so difficult! I just want to help her but she doesn’t let me and she doesn’t even explain why to me. She just tells me she doesn’t want it, but why? Isn’t this everyone’s dream? To share your talent with the world? I don’t understand her and she doesn’t help me, she just shuts me out. Again!

“So she’s Hannah, huh?” Niall comments and I remember I’m here with him. I look at him and he has a very peculiar expression, a mix between amusement and curiosity. “She’s a special lass, isn’t she? And feisty.”

“She’s stubborn as fuck!” I protest throwing my hands in the air. “But did you see her? At the beginning it was good, she was surprised but she wasn’t trying to kill me and then, bam! Yelling at me again when she doesn’t even explain why she doesn’t want my help,” I carry on so frustrated I want to destroy something. “I mean, you remember when Mila told Zayn she didn’t want his help. She gave him a reason, she explained it to him but Hannah doesn’t! How am I supposed to understand if she doesn’t speak up? Tell me, Niall!” I cry out and he looks at me surprised.

“Woah, chill out, mate. You have one thing clear: she doesn’t wanna be famous. Now you need to find out why,” he instructs me as if I didn’t know that already.

“No shit, Sherlock,” I snap and Niall raises his eyebrows in surprise. “But it’s so hard to get something from her. You saw her! And I can’t think of why she wouldn’t like to get a record deal and share her talent. You heard her! She’s incredible.”

“She is,” the Irish boy agrees. “But she must have a reason. Maybe she doesn’t like the stage or the idea of fame, like Phebs, you know. She’s amazing, as well, but she doesn’t wanna be famous.”

That’s right. Phoebe sings wonderfully and we have asked her if she wants us to help her, but she always says the same. “Fame is not my thing. I like singing, but just like a hobbie. I don’t wanna make this my job.” But Hannah is even studying music. She wants to make music her career, why not as a singer? Why only as a teacher?

“Ugh, why does she have to be so difficult?” I ask out loud, not expecting an answer really.

“’Cos otherwise you wouldn’t be so into her. Relax, next time you’ll get her to explain why she doesn’t want your help. Try not to push her too much so she doesn’t go all defensive on you,” The blond boy advises me and I sigh deeply.

He’s right, if Hannah were easy to get, I wouldn’t be this intrigued and interested in her. Yeah, I would probably feel the same way, this strong attraction towards her, but I would probably ignore it and assume it is only physical attraction, but now I know there’s something else.

“So, did you pick a new guitar?” I ask him to change the subject and he smiles. I know that look: he’s not even near picking a guitar and I’m right because only an hour and a half later we leave the shop with Niall carrying one guitar and I carrying the other one.

* * *

We have been in America for two weeks and it has been great, a lot of work, but it’s always great. We love our fans, we love to perform and certainly we enjoy being One Direction. We always meet great people and make new friends, but we always miss home.

The moodiest during these weeks have been Niall and Zayn as they missed Mila and Alex’s birthdays again. Last year we were abroad as well and those girls, along with Moni, have their birthdays practically in a row. Alex and Mila say that it’s okay, they can celebrate when we come back but it’s not the same. Niall was really mad because we had to leave just the day before Alex’s birthday and no matter how much he begged, he couldn’t stay a day longer. We had to be in America on the seventh, Alex’s birthday. Zayn wanted to do something special for Mila on the day of her birthday, no one could talk to him. That’s the moodiest I’ve seen him.