Chapter 29 ~ Harry

Chapter 29 ~ Harry

“Oh my gods, may I hug you?” Moni asks, and the shock is not only on Hannah’s face, but also on mine. Savannah on the other hand seems amused, but it’s clear the ginger girl doesn’t know what to do in a situation like this. I’m sure Moni remembers that Hannah is not good with people, she doesn’t have any friends besides Savannah! 

What is she doing?!

“I’m sorry, it’s just that… I’ve heard so much about you and I love how you sing. You’re so talented! And you,” she looks at Savannah, “you’re just plain amazing and hilarious. Favourite youtuber without a doubt.” Savannah smiles flattered and that helps Hannah recover from the surprise the brunette caused her.

“Uh… I– I guess it’s okay,” Hannah mumbles looking at me, as if she needs my approval to say that. I’m more surprised now when I hear her response and I don’t know if Moni did this on purpose or she just couldn’t control herself, but she has made Hannah accept a hug from a complete stranger.

Moni squeals and steps closer to hug Hannah, but I notice she doesn’t crush her like she would’ve done in another situation, she is tender and careful and the embrace is short. Hannah still looks awkward but she smiles at the brunette and from the spark in her brown eyes I know she had this planned, she was just testing Hannah.

“You’re great and really talented,” Moni repeats, calmly this time. “But be careful with this one,” she motions to me and my eyes shoot wide open. I hear Ed chuckling and I glare at him. “He seems nice and innocent with those dimples, but he’s an idiot. But don’t worry, I’ll protect you, Hannah.” I gasp, not believing what Moni is doing.

“Oi! You’re not helping!” I protest but Hannah is giggling and Moni grins proud of herself. She is just trying to make the ginger girl feel more comfortable in her presence and she knows she can do it by making her laugh. Shame she can only do that at my expense.

In that moment Ed approaches, still chuckling at how Moni can’t talk nicely about me, even to Hannah. “So you sing, uh?” Ed asks passing his arm over Moni’s shoulder and looking at Hannah. She loses her smile and looks down, her cheeks burning.

She looks cute when she’s embarrassed.

“Yeah, a bit.” Savannah, Moni and I snort and she looks at us shocked, especially at me.

“She’s amazing. She could be a great singer but she wants to be a teacher,” I tell Ed and he nods. Hannah looks at me with a little smile that I know is because I don’t push her, I accept what she wants to be.

“That’s great. It’s a good way to share, helping others. I like it.” Hannah’s smile due to Ed’s words is so beautiful it makes me feel something inside, like my heart skipping a beat or something. Like something’s moved inside of me. “Oh, we’re going to the arcade with Moni. Would you like to come with us?”

Savannah is in immediately, looking really excited and Hannah glances at me, not seeming quite sure about it. I step closer to her and take her hand, squeezing it gently, trying to persuade her to go with us. I want her to be with more people, to have fun. That will help her.

She takes a deep sigh before nodding and squeezing my hand back before letting go. I don’t take her hand again because I know she won’t be comfortable with that in front of Savannah, Ed and Moni as well. I notice the brunette is looking at me, a curious and understanding look in her eyes. I know she is not only reading Hannah, trying to get as much information from her as possible but she’s also reading me.