Chapter 21 ~ Harry

Chapter 21 ~ Harry 

The moment I see her breaking into tears, all that rage burning inside of me fades away and I feel cold and like an idiot. I made her cry, it’s my fault, I was too harsh on her. And I can’t see her like this, the way her eyes, cheeks and nose turn red like her hair, how her lips tremble as her chest does. It’s heart breaking and it’s all my fault.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to yell,” I tell her stepping forwards, ready to see her step back but she doesn’t move, she only covers her face with her hands, crying even harder. “Please, Hannah– I’m sorry.” I’m not sure of what I’m doing, I just step even closer and wrap my arms around her, bringing her against my body and holding her tight. “Please, don’t cry. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.”

“No, I am sorry!” she cries against my chest, her hands grabbing the fabric of my jumper. “I’ve been so awful to you and you have done nothing but be nice and I’m just so sorry!” Says Hannah between sobs, my heart breaking into even more pieces.

“Even though, I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that,” I insist, still holding her in my arms and I don’t let myself get distracted with the fact that I am indeed hugging Hannah.

“I’m sorry,” she mumbles again and this time I don’t say anything, I just hug her tighter, rubbing her back, trying to give her some comfort while she keeps crying in my arms. Her whole body trembles with painful sobs and I grow desperate, not knowing what to do to make it better, to get a smile from her again.

Yes, I wanted her to show me emotions, but this is so hard to take. To see her this broken, crying with her face hidden in my chest only makes the lump in my throat get tighter and heavier.

“Come, you need to sit and calm down,” I tell her pulling away a few inches to see her eyes this time. Her always beautiful yet cold green eyes are bloodshot and they show so much pain it makes my whole body ache.

She doesn’t argue this time and lets me guide her to the lift and eventually to my flat. I always keep an arm around her shoulders whilst she keeps crying, silently now as I open the door and lead her inside my place. I know she doesn’t pay any attention, her eyes are locked on the floor while silent tears stream down her face, hurting me along the way.

I can’t stand seeing her like this, I can’t see her crying.

I make her take a seat on the sofa and I sit next to her, still rubbing her arm hoping it helps a little bit. “Fancy some tea? It’ll make you feel better,” I offer hopefully.

She looks at me for a second with her red eyes and so much pain written all over her face, but not only pain, regret is also there. “Okay,” whispers the ginger girl and I nod, rising to my feet, ready to go to the kitchen to make some tea, but before I take a step forward, she takes my hand and stops me. “Harry, I’m really sorry for how I’ve acted, but I have my reasons.”

“I’m sure you do and you can explain it to me later,” I say but I see her reluctance. “If you want, of course.”

Her smile is shaky and nervous, so I give her one from my own set, an encouraging one while I stroke the back of her hand with my thumb. Her hand feels so small and delicate in mine, soft and warm.

I spin around and leave for the kitchen, hurrying to make tea for her, hoping it will help her. I can’t believe today ended like this, with Hannah crying in my living room and with even shed tear, my heart breaks for her. What happened to her to leave her like this? What caused those scars in her soul that now she can only push me away? Now it seems even more imperative for me to know the truth.