Chapter 24 ~ Hannah

Clarification: Backfire happened during summer 2012. Misconceptions a few months after, by the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013. MS takes place a several months after that, by the end of 2013. So yes, it's 2014 right now in the story.

-:-:-:-

Chapter 24 ~ Hannah

“Hey, Dad,” I greet with a smile when I go downstairs and take a seat next to my father who’s watching the telly.

 It’s the first day of 2014 and I’m determined to make a change in my life this year. It’s a new start and I’ve taken the hardest step already. Going out to have lunch with Harry today is just one of the things I have to do to heal. I’m sure Mum would be proud of me because I’ll keep my promise, I’ll keep living and I’ll be happy. That’s all what parents want from their children right? For them to be happy. I still will miss her every day, but I won’t stop living my own life. I’ve made that decision and I plan to stick to it.

“Hey, Han. Did you sleep well?” He asks me passing his arm around my shoulders to bring me closer. I know he’s happy that I’m trying to heal. I see in his eyes when he looks at me with hope sparkling in his irises.

“I did. Do you have plans for today?” I ask him and he points at the telly with the remote. “Oh I see, ESPN day, uh?” He only nods and I giggle. “Well, I’m going out to have lunch with a friend. I hope you don’t mind,” I tell him and I can’t stop my heart from fluttering.

“You going out with Savannah?” He asks me and I shake my head. I feel my cheeks burning and I tell myself I shouldn’t react like this. Harry and I are only going to have lunch; it’s not a real date. He’s only helping me.

“Nope. Another friend,” I answer and I see the surprise in his eyes and also the happiness that my words bring. For years, Savannah has been my one and only friend and now that I’m referring to someone else as a friend is a huge step.

“That it’s great! Have fun. And who’s this friend? From some class?”

“Uh, not really. His name is Harry and I met him a few months ago when his car broke down.” Dad nods following the story. I don’t want to go into much detail and he probably knows this is awkward for me, so he doesn’t push me any further and starts changing channels. I focus on the screen as the channels pass until I see something familiar. “Stop there for a second,” I exclaim shocking my dad.

“I didn’t know you were into gossips and those things,” he says leaving the TV show there.

“It’s seems that for the members of One Direction, last night was all fun and romance,” the hosts says with a cheeky smile as pictures start to display behind her of every member in different scenarios.  I know Harry was at a party last night, I mean he called me last night and even invited me, so that’s not the surprise in this note; it’s that when the picture of Harry appears, he’s with two beautiful women.

I feel something bitter and dark creeping inside of me, from the very core of my being as I keep glaring at the picture and those two stupid women holding on to him like he is a god or something like that. Gosh, have some dignity!

I don’t realise I’m balling my fists until I feel pain in my palms and I see my nails have buried in my skin; only then I loosen up a bit. I don’t know why that picture makes me so angry and I just want to yell at the host of the show to shut up. It’s not like I’m jealous or something, Harry and I are nothing and I don’t have feelings for him. He’s only helping me to overcome my past and heal my wounds; nothing more than that. But still, I feel anger inside of me.