Reunion Night

Jacob

Showered, cleansing routine done, hair done. He stood staring into the bathroom mirror. Suddenly he felt scared. What if Alexis had forgotten him? What if she didn't like the way he is now? Gone is the chubby skin headed boy. He's now tall and muscular, having worked hard to get this way. His face is all over social media. Tik tok, Instagram, threads, you name it, it's there along with his friends the elevator boys.

Sighing he pulled on his white button down and black trousers. Tucking his shirt into his trousers, he fastened his watch and necklace in place and slid on his rings. His boots came next and then his suit jacket. He was expecting many to gather around him because of his media sites and because he hadn't seen any of them since he moved to Berlin.
She was in Berlin too but he hadn't seen her, he's looked but to no avail.
Checking the time he tried to escape without his mom's scrutiny.
"She's a lucky girl." She smiled.
"Mom there isn't.." He insisted.
"There will be. Have a great night." She kissed his cheek and he headed to his old school.

********************
Alexis pov

"Enough Deana it's not that funny." Alexis buttoned down the boiler suit as her friend rolled around the bed in hysterics.
Her long hair was fastened up and she slipped the mass of fuzz on her head and slipped her glasses on.
"S**t I need a photo to remember this." Deana grabbed her phone and clicked away.

Making their way into the school everyone looked and laughed at her.
"Looks like it's working." She muttered to her friend.
Inside she looked for her school picture and took her name tag. Quickly looking to see if Jacobs was still there she noticed it had gone.
From the corner of her eye she saw a group of girls gathered around someone. He turned and she gasped. Her skin began to tingle.
'What is he doing here?' The guy who hangs around with Tim and Luis, she thought.

"Everyone the freak is here."
A voice boomed over the tannoy. She was grabbed and dragged into the middle of the floor under a spotlight.
"We see the years haven't been good to you Alexis." They laughed.
Suddenly Jacob was by her side.
"Back off all of you." He shouted, before turning to look at her.
"Are you Ok Alexis?" He gently asked, cupping her cheek.
She nodded. He looked around.
"This girl has taken s**t from you for years. Isn't it about time you grew up?"
He turned and kissed her to the gasps around them.
"Jacob." She touched his arm.
Deana walked forward and pulled him slightly away. Turning her back towards him, she began to remove the boiler suit. As it dropped to the floor her butterfly covered back came into view. The silver dress clung to her curves, her long slender legs came into view. Turning she saw Jacob's eyes wide like saucers, mouth slightly open. The crowd was silent as she took off her glasses and threw them down. The wig and grips came next. Her hair tumbled down around her shoulders to her waist.
Deana's voice was all that was heard.
"Everyone, let me introduce Alexis Mayer, former freak now fabulous."