Flashback 4

Alexis pov

Taking a big deep breath she bent down and fussed the golden labrador sitting panting at her feet. Taking her back pack off her back she took out a folding bowl and bottle of water putting it down for him.
"There you go sweetheart." She fussed over his head.
They had just had a jog around the park and were now sitting in the doggie area under the shade of a large oak tree.
"Lexi." Mrs Schwartz waved at her after calling her name. "How long before you pick up my Albie?"
"About 45 minutes." She shouted back as her yoga lady walked away.

She heard her name being called again and turned to see Tim and Luis running towards her with two other guys in tow.
"Hey." She replied, putting away the now empty water bowl.
"Is this one of your other jobs?"
Tim stroked the dog.
"Yes. I'm also a yoga instructor."
"This is Jojo and Julien." Luis introduced the others.
"How many more are there?" She laughed.
"Two Bene and Jacob." Jojo lifted his camera and took a picture of the dog and Lexi while she wasn't looking.
"Sorry to run but I've got to get this guy back and pick up my next canine. Nice to see you again and to meet you. Bye. Come on Fudge." She ran away.

Later that day she returned to the coffee shop for her evening shift.
Two guys sat in the corner talking. One got up and walked over.
"Hey you're the girl who does yoga in the park." He smiled at her.
"What would you like?" She smiled at him.
"Two of your specials." He smiled back.
"Do you want me to bring them over?"
He nodded and paid. As he returned to the table she felt her skin begin to tingle. Looking up, his friend was watching her. He seemed familiar but she couldn't think where from.
"There you go." She said as she put the cups on the table. "Two house specials."
She felt like the one was sizing her up. His eyes seemed to roam her body. Walking away she could feel his gaze burning into her.

*******************
Jacob pov

Jojo and Julien had gone out on a run with Tim and Luis. He was at the office with Bene and Michael going through some photos and videos that had been taken on their last trip away.
"Jeez, how many did we take?" He sat back on the sofa.
"Too many." Bene moaned.
The door opened and the other four came in.
"At last help." He looked at them.
"Guess who we bumped into?" Luis grinned. "Lexi. She was dog walking or dog jogging."

Jojo lifted his camera and brought up the picture he took.
"Wow, such beautiful golden hair and soft eyes. Was her nose wet too?" Jacob laughed.
"Sorry, wrong picture." He flicked to the next shot. "This is her. I tried to take it without her knowing."
Leaning forward Jacob scanned the photo.
"Any way you can enlarge the face?"
Jojo just flicked to the next picture.
He couldn't be sure. The hair was the same colour but everything else was different.

"She is pretty. I'll have to see her for myself."
"Man she was..."
Julien made the body shape motion with his hands and whistled.
"She was what?" Angelina stood behind him, hands on hips, foot tapping.
"Shit." He muttered, running after her as she walked off. The others laughed.
"He was right though." Jojo smiled.
"Fancy going to the coffee shop later?" Bene asked him.
"Yeah why not." He grinned.

In the coffee shop they sat waiting. Her shift starts in half an hour according to the guy behind the counter.
The door opened and he lifted his head and watched as someone walked through the door to the kitchens, then came out. He couldn't pull his eyes away.
"I'll go get us some more drinks." His friend stood.
He watched her smile as Bene spoke to her. He returned.
"She is the yoga girl. She's bringing them over. Thought you'd like to see her close up." He grinned at him.
"Thanks." his eyes never left her. Watching as she moved around gracefully. She wasn't as slender as Angelina, but she was fit. Then she was walking towards them.

He felt his throat go dry and movement behind his zipper but he couldn't take his eyes from her. He took in everything the others had said about her.
Trying as much as he could he wanted to ask where she came from but the words wouldn't come. So like a perv he just roamed her body with his eyes.
"Well?" Bene asked after she left.
Taking a sip from his drink to moisten his mouth, he shook his head.
"Can't say for certain. But wow."
In his head he was planning to come back here more and spend as much time as possible in the park.
'Shit I'm becoming a stalker.' He thought.

(end of flashbacks)

********************
Present day

Alexis

It was four weeks to the reunion and Alexis found herself in a shop no one would ever think she would be in... A tattooist.
"Are you sure this is what you want?" The heavily tattooed guy asked.
She lay face down in the bed and put in her ear pods.
"Just get on with it." She gritted her teeth as he began the first of 2 sittings. Today was for the outline and some shading. The next for more shading and detail was booked for next week.

Six hours later a shake to her shoulder brought her eyes open.
"All done for today. Do you have someone who can apply this ointment?"
After covering her back he handed her a tube.
She can't ask her dad, he'll flip. She will ask her neighbour if she could help. Or better still Mrs Schwartz.
Standing in between two mirrors she looked at the artwork adorning her back. A butterfly covered her back. Its design is quite intricate. The tips of its wings finishing on her butt cheeks.

"Oh my that's some ink." Mrs Schwartz commented carefully rubbing the cream into it. "Makes mine look miniscule."
"You have a tattoo?" Alexis looked over her shoulder at the woman.
"Yes. I have a schmetterling too."
She lowered her shirt to show her the butterfly on her shoulder.
"My high school boyfriend used to call me schmetterling so I had one tattooed. What's your excuse?"
Digging in her bag she handed her her school photo.
"Ahh now I see. Your reunion is going to all be in shock when they see you."
They both burst into laughter.

********************
Jacob

He didn't want to get out of bed. Her face filled his dreams. His Alexis's face that is.

Alexis with her frizzy hair, and glasses.

Reaching over to his bedside table he pulled out the invite. 'School reunion years 5&6 2016.'

"Are you STILL thinking about going?" Jojo popped his head into his bedroom.

Sitting up he looked at his friend.

"If I knew Alexis would definitely be there I'd be packing now but I haven't a clue. Personally I can't see her being there. Why would she want to be after the way she was bullied."

Jojo sat on the end of his bed and pulled out his phone. Dialling a number he smiled at his friend.

"Hey cousin, how's things?.. Yeah, my job is going well. Look I'm wondering, do you know if Alexis Mayer is attending the reunion?... None of your business." He laughed. There was silence for a few minutes. "Thanks for that. No, I'm still not telling you why I want to know. Bye." He hung up. "She's sent an acceptance email so she's going."

"WHAT!!!! OMG I BETTER..." He grabbed his phone and typed out an email.

"Why was this girl so important to you?" Jojo laughed.

He sat by his friend.

"Alexis wasn't beautiful. She didn't have the boys falling at her feet and fighting to date her. They bullied her instead. But she loved with her heart. I just want to see her make sure life's been treating her well. She moved to Berlin five years ago. I was hoping to find her here, but have had no luck in finding her."

He looked down into his hands.

"I kissed her the day she left. I remember it to this day. She was my first kiss and a year older than me." A blush covered his cheeks.

"Jacob, do you have feelings for this girl?" Jojo looked at him curiously.

Stopping suddenly Jacob grinned.

"I guess I have, but I need to find out for sure."

Then he started to pack before letting his parents know he would be home for a few days.

"F**k what should I wear?" He walked into his closet.