Complicated [ApoBible]

A/N: A word vomit inspired by a manhwa (one shot) that I read.

It was day and Bible was having lunch with his crush. He stares at the other as he listens to his chatter. These past few days, Bible has been feeling complicated and bittersweet, especially when he's with his crush.

Apo, the guy Bible has been crushing on. He's sweet, gentle, and loving and Bible is down bad for him. The two spend a lot of time with each other, and at this point, it feels like they are dating, well Bible wishes they were dating.

Bible can't help but feel conflicted when they have no status but Apo would always take him out to eat, have matching stuff, and is always sweet to him. Friends of his have come up to him to ask if he's dating Apo, to which he answers no to that.

Currently, the two are having lunch and they'll spend the rest of the day together, and Bible is planning to ask Apo about their relationship. He wishes these are not a misunderstanding on his side and that Apo likes him back.

They soon finished eating their lunch, and as they headed out of the restaurant and into the street, Apo casually linked their fingers and started guiding them to a cafe, Apo's favorite cafe.

Once they arrived, Apo smiled at the waiter and they were then led to a more secluded area, their seat was a booth seating placed next to the window, which overlooks an indoor pond with a couple of tables surrounding them.

They sat facing each other, and Apo never let go of their linked hand, which is now set on the table with Apo gently caressing his hands. Bible stared at their hands, his heart skipped a bit, but his face seemed somber.

Apo who realizes Bible has seemed more sad and gloomy than usual, makes it his mission to make him more cheerful, so he orders them both. A hot chocolate for Bible and a coffee for himself, along with a croissant, one for each.

Once their food and drinks arrived, Apo reluctantly let go of Bible's hand and he starts cheerfully introducing their orders. He tells Bible how he should try dipping the croissant into the hot chocolate before eating it and it'll taste amazing.

Seeing how Apo seems to be cheerfully introducing the foods to him, makes it hard for him to not smile. His mouth can't help but twitches up and Apo seems to notice this and lights up a bit more.

The two start drinking and taking bit by bit of the croissant as they, mostly Apo, chatter away. Seeing how unusually quiet Bible is worries Apo and so he confronts him.

"Nong, are you okay?"

"Huh? Um, yes, Phi. Is there something wrong?"

"No, well, yeah? You seem unusually quiet, and Phi is worried"

"Oh..."

"Are you okay, Nong? You can tell Phi anything"

Apo stares at the younger, who seems to be hesitating. He furrows his eyebrows and gently grabs onto Bible's hands, caressing it to comfort the younger, to tell that there's nothing to be afraid of, but what Bible said next, shocked him.

"W-What are we?"

"Huh?"

"A-Are we dating? Do you like me?"

Bible watches as Apo looks at him dumbly, tears start to well in his eyes as he feels his heartbreak. He grips Apo's hand tighter, as much as Apo will hurt him, telling him how they're just friend, he doesn't want to lose Apo's warmth so soon.

"Phi... I'm sorry, It's just... Y-You're so sweet to me and always care for me, and I thought that you may be like me too, but maybe I misunderstood, and you only care for me as a little brother-"

"WAIT!"

"Huh?"

"Y-You're saying... A-All this time... You think we... we're not dating?"

"Yeah..."

"I... You... Uh..."

"Phi?"

"What makes you think that, Nong?"

"Huh? Phi... Um... Phi never confessed..."

"But we kissed. I kissed you"

"Yeah... but isn't that a practice for our scene? So we won't be awkward"

"Oh my- I fucked up..."

"Huh?"

"I thought it was clear that we're dating..."

"???"

"Matching clothes, couple accessories, going on dates... I thought it was obvious that we're a couple"

Bible gapes at Apo, now realizing how Apo thinks that they're dating while Bible thinks they're not. Relief washes over Bible, realizing that his feelings are reciprocated, and a giggle slips out his lips as he looks at Apo who has his eyes widen and is now stuttering over the talk about their relationship.

Bible's giggle spread to Apo, and soon the two started giggling. Once they calmed down, they talked about their relationship and feelings, this time making sure to get everything straight to the other, with no more misunderstanding or miscommunication.

The two talked for another hour before deciding to head back home, Apo inviting the younger to his place, to spend more time together. Bible agreed without much talk, and they then walked out of the cafe, with hands linked to each other as they made small talk.

"I guess we'll now have two anniversaries"

"Well, it's your fault, Phi! Hmph!"

"Okay, okay! It's Phi's fault na. Phi will kiss you so you won't get sulky"

"PHIII!!!"