chapter nineteen

seven months later

*ding*

Tommy Hi baby! Brunch in 30?

Me Ofc babe. See you!

It has been seven months since Laurel and Josh announced they were getting married and seven months since me and Tommy became a couple again. We had agreed to keep it a secret and at the dating stage to be easy on each other to not be hurt again. Ollie and Felicity moved in together a few weeks ago, leaving me and mom in the mansion. After months of hard work, I also thought of finding my flat place. I had spent the last few days scouting for apartments along with Tommy helping out. It had been quite a ride since every apartment I liked missed some quality which probably indicates that I had to go along with one or I would be scouting for years.

I finally put the computer away after hours of scouting and scouting. Making my way to the wardrobe to change into jeans with a black long-sleeved top and a long black coat with high-heeled boots. The weather had started to get cold and the dark clouds had begun to form. I put on some simple and natural makeup with brown eyeshadow and a choice of nude-colored lipstick.

I grabbed my car keys and headed downstairs. As I opened the front door I was met by the pouring rain. I hurried to my car and opened the car I instantly started up the car to go meet Tommy when the passenger door was pulled open by someone.

"Hey. What the hell are you doing?" I shouted.

"Hi Lissa" Ollie popped up beside me.

"Really. Do you just sneak up like that on people? Or is that the arrow in you?" I asked him.

"That would be the brother in me" I rolled my eyes at him.

"So listen, I need to tell you something," he continued. "There is someone in town, searching for you who goes by the name Kento" This caught me off guard. I didn't think he had made it out that day.

"Where is he? Is he fine? Is somebody else with him?" I asked Ollie instantly.

"Hey. Take it easy. He is fine and he is in the lair." Ollie answered.

"I need to call a friend and post-phone"

"No need. Already taken care of-" he said shortly.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Tommy, is that one friend right?" I just shook my head in response.

"What a bad bad liar." he burst out with laughter.

"How did you even find out about the date or us?" I asked bummed.

"First of all. Tommy is the one that met Kento,"

"Second of all. You two can't lie if your life depended on it. Both of you disappeared at the same time and reappeared together at almost every mission. Should I even mention the night everyone went out and you two thought no one saw you? Please. But keep in mind that if he even makes you upset- he is a dead man" Ollie mentioned the last sentence with a serious face.

"I don't need another dead boyfriend, Ollie," I told him as I put my hand on his shoulder, assuring him everything was as good as it could be. We made our way to the club and I hurried down to the lair. I didn't know what to expect this time. The one happy memory I had of Kento was of him and Niko getting married as me and Kenji stood by their sides, witnessing their beautiful day. The last memory was the attack on Soratoge, thinking everybody died. I paused before opening the door, taking a deep breath.

Walking down the stairs to the lair with careful steps, I found Kento standing with Roy, Laurel, Thea, Felicity, Dig, and Tommy.

"Now. You're starting to get on my nerves" Roy's voice went up as he was talking to Kento.

"It was your fault he took her anyways," Roy continued which resulted in a punch from Kento advancing the situation into a fight. What was even happening? I ran towards them with the others intervening to stop the fight.

"HEY. Kento! Stop it" I looked at him confused when he finally stopped hitting Roy and faced me. He had taken a few steps away with his hands up in the air.

"Everybody-" Ollie signaled for the rest to leave the room. I looked at him with a thankful face.

"I'm not leaving," Tommy said. "It's fine babe" I reassured him with a nod.

"Babe?" Kento asked quietly looking irritated by the things he couldn't process since the last time we had seen each other.

"Look. It's a long story and we will talk about it I promise but first it's about you."