chapter eight

They were everywhere. Roses. He really did all of this for us. My eyes caught his soft loving eyes. The next minute I found myself resting on his shoulder. The warm and comforting feeling was something else.

"Did you really think I was going to let you down on our one-year anniversary Lissa,"

"Oh no. I never doubted you for a second. You just need to thank Kento and Niko for everything because I know for a fact that Niko handpicked those roses and Kento set eveything up,"

"Huh? So you got me, alright? Maybe I should leave then" he chuckled teasing to leave.

"Don't you dare. It's enough for me that you stand here with me," I look at him with a shy smirk pulling him back towards me.

"Really? Because I thought you wanted me to leave" he laughed.

"Never," I told him and we got closer. Our eyes were as hungry as our lips were. It was the beginning of something magical. But as our bodies were pressed against each other I felt myself being dragged away from him at the same time. The feeling disappeared. I gasped for air.

"Hey, take it easy. Easy." Oliver calmed me down.

"What- What happened?"

"Diggle found you unconscious outside of the club," she gave a clueless look.

"You don't remember anything from that," Oliver asked worried and Mel looked at the floor with a thoughtful face.

"Yeah no. I just remember talking with Tommy and his friend. Girlfriend Audrey. Drinking and then I couldn't breath," she said looking up seeing Felicity.

"It's you from that night," Felicity looked at us with Mels confused face.

"Yes. Hi. I'm Felicity. I am Mr. Queens assistant. We were going through papers when I heard of your condition. I have been taking first help courses. Also, I am sorry for you loss," Felicity introduced herself fast and gave her condolence. Melissa gave her a weak smile.

"Melissa. Ollie and Theas sister. Thank you," Melissa answered and shook Felicity's hand.

"If you two are done with the meet and greet I would like to find out what happened," Oliver said frustrated.

"I don't remember anything else Ollie,"

"I actually think Melissa was drugged. Not with a tranquilizer though," I said hinting at the similar event from before.

"I'm so sorry about that by the way Dig," she said apologizing to me with a smile.

"Mhm. Apology not accepted yet Mel," I said pretending to be hurt and she pouted a little.

"Maybe your drink was spiked," Felicity said.

"I'll look into that with the security cameras that we installed," I said.

"Could it have been Bennett. Where did you last spot him Dig," Oliver asked.

"Near the central station,"

"When?" Melissa asked completely changed in her face.

"Yesterday. I tried to get to him but he managed to shake me off," I told her.

"He was the one that killed him," We looked at her confused.

"Barrows didn't do it. Bennett did it. He pretended to be out but he was moving and I saw a gun beside him when Barrows died," Melissa continued with empty eyes.

"Bennett's gonna regret this," she muttered getting off the table to leave.

"Hey," Oliver shouted at her.

"The only thing you will be doing is resting, leaving this to us. Got it?" he said and she nodded looking at him and away.

"Fine"