chapter eleven

After a long eventful day I stepped out of the office and had to hurry over to Thea's place. By the late time that I managed to leave the office I needed to get to the car and drive over instantly. When the elevator stopped I walked out and headed towards the car. Forgetting where I parked the car I searched for my car keys in my bag and pressed the car key to listen for the car's signal. Finding the car, I now headed towards it.

Before I could reach for the car handle I felt someone put their hand on my shoulders. I pushed the hand away and twisted it behind their shoulder. The person struggled and pushed me against the car which resulted in the cars alarm beginning to sound. As the eyes reveled themselves, I saw a man that I kind of recognized. I kicked the persons stomach as he grunted. He tried to attack me but I reached for a narrow steel pipe and aimed at his head. He fell to the ground and I took the mask away revealing his face. He was laying there on the floor with his eyes closed.

"Bennett," I said in hatred, standing over him in shock. Before I could do anything else he opened his eyes and launched at my throat. I was pressed up against the side of my car trying to get his hands away from me. I couldn't manage to stop him until someone approached.

"Hey stop it. Let go of her," A voice screamed.

Bennett groaned and began running. I slid down from the car and gasped for air as the person helping me ran after Bennett.

"Hey, are you okay?" the voice asked running back to me.

"Tommy." I looked up.

"Where did he go," I asked.

"I couldn't catch up to him. Sorry. He is gone," he said and I looked down disappointed because he disappeared right from under me again.

"I'm fine. Thanks," I told him as he helped me back up to my feet.

"Are you sure?"

"I am."

"No you're not. You could've died." he scolded me.

"It's not like I told him to come here,"

"No, you're right. Sorry. I just though-" he cut himself off which resulted in a silence that none of us knew how to get out of.

"I better get going to Thea's now anyways," I said breaking the silence, looking at him.

"I'm heading there too. I can't let you drive alone like this. Come with me,"

"It's fine. I know how to drive," I said.

"Forget about it. If Oliver knew I let you go like this, he would make me spend five years at that island instead," I smiled a little.

"Alright. Just let me grab Theas apartment gift from my car,"

"Let's go" I said as soon as I got the gift and got into Tommys car.

He started driving out of the garage and towards Theas.

"Can you do me a favor and not tell anyone about this tonight?" I asked him but he looked hesistant.

"Just tonight, pretty please." I asked him again and he nodded.

"Happy Birthday by the way Merlyn," I told him.

"Thanks Mel," he smiled and looked at me.

"So, will Audrey come by tonight," I asked him.

"She couldn't actually. She had to work a double shift tonight but she came by work earlier today with a gift,"

"That's nice," I said.

"What did you get?" I asked as if I didn't help pick the watch out.

"She got me this watch," he said showing the clock with his arm close to me.