212.Poisoned

"Miss, this is the chocolate brownie you ordered," The waiter said as he served the dessert on the table.

Lisa nodded her eyes as she looked at the dessert, with the hot steam coming out of it, it looked even more mouth-watering. Just as she was about to take a bite of it, another crash resound from behind their table.

The woman, who was being forcefully dragged tried to grab the tablecloth desperately, trying to struggle out their grasp, "I said I can walk...Let me go.." she looked at the elegant woman watching the scene nonchalantly as if it had nothing to do with it, her, ''You..Who the hell are you?"

"Me? You can call me Yeri. As for my identity, you have to raise your status to know me," The lady extended her hand and was about to pat her pet's head when it ran away from her embrace, "Naughty boy!" she said as she smiled.

Just as Lisa extended her fork towards her favourite dessert, the tablecloth was dragged as all the dishes landed on the floor.

'Bam!'

Jisoo and Tzuyu stood up, taken aback by the dog's destructive ability.

Lisa grievously looked at her fresh chocolate brownie which was going bit by bit into the dog's stomach.

"Lili sure loves sweets," Jisoo poked Tzuyu's hand slightly. A moment ago, Lisa looked so nonchalant as if nothing could faze her yet right now, her expression spoke otherwise.

Tzuyu nodded.

The husky on the other hand, finished the brownie by this moment as he moved towards the other dishes but before he could take another bite, he howled painfully attracting the attention of everyone.

The woman, who called herself Yeri furrowed her brows as she looked at the situation, "Throw her out," she ordered the guards who were holding the woman before walking towards her pet.

"Danny..." The woman looked at dog rolling down on the floor, "What happened to you?"

"Wooof...." The dog cried out miserably as he laid on the floor, blood gushing out from its mouth.

Lisa was stunned as she looked at the dessert plate before glancing at the dog who was not making any movement. Did it die? She did not want to believe it at all but the motionless dog forced her to take that assumption.

Does that means the chocolate brownie...was it poisoned?

"You..What did you to Danny?" The woman named Yeri glared at Lisa, ignoring the other two woman in the background. According to her, since Danny was hovering near Lisa, then she must've done something to him.

The woman did not seem to be affected by how unruly her dog was, and how he has spoilt the whole area by throwing the food to the floor. Neither did she seem affected by the fact that her dog seemed to have died, she just looked like a woman who was obsessed with everything to occur in the way she wanted it to be. If her dog wanted to play with something, then everyone should just let it play as much as he wanted, others should compromise.

Jisoo pursed her lips, "Are you blind? Can't you see it was your dog who being unruly here?" She disgustedly looked at the woman before looking at dead dog lying on the floor.

"Shh..Did you not see what I did to the last person who called Danny a dog?"

Before Jisoo's temper could snap, Tzuyu pinched her palm trying to calm her. At this point, both the women were unaware of Lisa's dessert being poisoned.

What they assumed was there was something wrong with the dog itself. Since they have already taken a few biites of their food, so such wild thoughts like poisoning and all did not cross their mind even for a small time.

Lisa, on the other hand, absent-mindedly glanced at the dead dog and chocolate brownie. Despite staying alert al this time, she underestimated the desire of the other party to kill her.

They went as far as bribing the staff in the Ultraviolets, one of top restaurant in the whole world, and they even managed to do that, they successfully poisoned her food. If not for this dog, it would've been her lying motionless on the cold floor. Careless, she was too careless this time!

She could see how potent the poison was by the way the dog died in a few seconds after eating the brownie. A light flashed in her eyes as she looked at the dog lying on a pool of blood that was still gushing out of his mouth. It wasn't her intention. But still an innocent animal died because of her. She closed her eyes and inhaled a deep breathe.

"Hey, did you not hear what I said?" The lady in the red got impatient as she walked towards Lisa and gripped her wrist, bringing her out of her trance.

From the corner of her eyes, Lisa noticed some movements, she slightly snapped her fingers and the shadow guards immediately retreated back to their initial place except for Jaehyun who immediately made a phone call.

Yeri narrowed her eyes as she glanced around the surroundings. With the background she has, the things that normal people could not notice would never escape her gaze. Even though she felt there was something amiss, but her grip on her hand never loosened.

"Ahh...You..." A bone-cackling sound was heard as Lisa twisted the woman's hand ruthlessly until the elegant woman from a few moments ago shrieked like a shrew, "AHHHHHHHH! L..Leave my hand."

Lisa disgustedly loosened her grip on the woman whose eyes were filled with tears. Tzuyu and Jisoo being the best friend that they were, understood the expression on Lisa's face very well. They immediately grabbed the tissue paper from the table before passing it to the her.

"Get me a sanitizer," Tzuyu ordered the waiter who immediately bowed and walked away to get it.

Jisoo bit her lower lips in an attempt to control her laughter as she looked at Lisa who was rubbing her palm like she has touched the dirtiest thing. She then looked at the woman named Yeri who was looking at the scene in disbelief. 'Lili sure knows it very well how to attack someone's ego without even speaking,' She knew it very well that her friend truly felt disgusted by stranger's touch, it wasn't some pretense though.

The waiter immediately brought over a sealed sanitizer tube and passed it to Tzuyu who unsealed it before pouring it on Lisa's hand. "More.." Lisa murmured to which the woman complied as she poured almost half the tube of sanitizer on her hand.

"_" The VIPs who were having dinner, while pretending to not notice the ruckus had their mouth opened wide in 'O' shape. Arrogant... Too Arrogant...She is the father of arrogance.

Yeri's eyes opened wide in shock as she looked at the woman in front of her. She had to admit that the woman possessed a beauty that could cause the downfall of a nation in literal sense and bring countless men to their knees.

But when has she, Wang Yeri, has been treated this way? People are dying to kiss her feet, but here this arrogant woman is sanitizing her hand after touching her? How could her ego, that was certainly larger than her, take it?

The woman did not know that she was overestimating her worth in Lisa's eyes, who has severe OCD and past trauma making her sensitive to unknown touch. The woman prefers to sanitize herself after touching a doorknob, let alone a human being. So, she certainly wasn't being arrogant here, aright?

"You..Do you even know who I am?" The graceful woman from a few moments ago was like an illusion as the she shouted at Lisa like a stubborn teenager that refused to admit defeat.

"Noisy," Have all the people in the world taken an oath to frustrate her to death? She just wanted a little time to cherish the fact that she was still alive even after the continuous attacks which is why she planned a dinner with her friends yet someone had to poison her brownie. Why must they target her desserts? Couldn't they poison the other dishes?

What bothered her the most was...Her gaze landed on the dead body of the dog and she felt a faint ache in her heart. She did not want to admit but has she really become soft-hearted like Jin said?

A certain owner who should be more concerned about her dog did not seemed to care at all. "Noisy? Who are you calling noisy?" she angrily glared at Lisa, even her face, had turned redin fury, "You should know..."

"Enough!" Lisa turned her face towards the woman as the long tresses of her long black hair fell over her shoulders, her hazel eyes flashed with a ruthless light.