205.Son-in-law's identity

"Where are you going, grandpa?"

"Why should I tell you?" The old man stroked his beard as he glanced at his granddaughter's face. There was no change in her expression, it was almost as if she had already expected it to be like that.

"What about an exchange?"

Grandpa Kim's beard shook as he laughed, "As if I lack anything." Even if he was sitting at home, his net worth could buy a country with the snap of his fingers, what could a little girl like her offer to him?!

"Didn't brother block all your men from reaching out to us?" Her lips lifted ever so slightly while the old man stiffened.

He thought it was supposed to be a grandfather-grandson matter, then how did she know about it?

"Did your brother tell you about it?" He asked.

She shook her head, "Why would he?"

Grandpa Kim sighed. Indeed, why would Taehyung tell her about? As he looked at Lisa, he realized that she grew up too fast, the power and authority she held should've made him happy but he did not feel as such. He just felt a sense of guilt as he looked at her, she did not grow up according to her wish, she had to mature herself forcefully to adjust to the circumstances. And he, as a grandfather, never asked her if she really wanted it. Even when she had chosen the business major, he never asked if she was happy with it, or she was just forcing herself.

While trying to be a good father to his daughter, he never realized if he was being unfair to his grandchildren.

Lisa poked his shoulder as she blinked, "Grandpa..."

The old man came back to his senses. Thinking about it, what she said was quite true, he had assigned his men with the task of protecting his grandchildren and if anything happened to them, he would be the first one to know about it. But what he did not expect was for Taehyung to coax him to remove them.

At that time, the more Taehyung came to know of the threats revolving around them, the more he did not want the old man to be involved in it. Since the old man had heart problems, anything could happen if he wasn't able to calm his emotions at some point. So, Taehyung persuaded his grandfather to let him deal with everything.

The old man was a bit reluctant when the matter came to his granddaughter's safety. The firing incident was like a scar to him, he couldn't imagine what could've happened to Lisa that day. But then, Taehyung used the most infallible weapon that was none other than Jungkook.

'Even if I fail to protect her, her husband is here. So, you just enjoy your life rather than being involved all these things,' was exactly what Taehyung said to Grandpa Kim.

And it was the tale of how a certain young fox trapped the old fox in his beautiful words.

Grandpa Kim glanced at Lisa as he squinted, wrinkles appearing at the corner of his eyes, "What you said is indeed true. But what about that? How is it related to your exchange offer?"

Lisa leaned back on the sofa as she tilted her head to the side, "There are many things that happened after you stopped keeping an eye on us. Two of them are major events that you're unaware of. Do you want to exchange now?"

Grandpa Kim snorted, "There is nothing in the world that could faze me at all."

Actually, to be honest, the old man could simply use his connections to find out about what happened in the past few days. It would have been difficult for anyone else to get anything out of it, but Kim Cheng was not just 'anyone'. With his power, he was one step ahead of every member of all the three royal families. The information that was getting difficult to be acquired by Taehyung and Jungkook regarding Kingsman Faction could be investigated by Grandpa Kim in a few days, without revealing any trails.