18 : Training

Grey Vritra

It has been three weeks since the three of us made our way to the academy. These past few weeks have been 'normal' for some time and I enjoyed my stay here. A few crazy things happened but all of it is something I already considered as normal. After all, the things that has happened to me to this point is something out of a novel.

I sat next to Caera who's sitting to the middle row of this arena like classroom. Right now, both me and Caera are attending the class 'melee enhancement' which to me, sounded terrible. “Who named all this classes? Even I have a better naming sense than them." I thought, moving a little to the side closing my distance to Caera.

That day, I confirmed that Caera indeed has a feeling for me. Of course it is mutual, but the two of us decided that we should stay like this for a while. For the betterment of our relationship and feelings for each other. I know that Caera already accepts me for who I am and I accept her as well. But we aren't really rushing for anything. We just want to take it easy and enjoy our youth before the war.

The two of us selected the 'Melee enhancement' and 'Training for ascents' class. You can tell by its name what kind of class it already is. While Nico chose 'Research of relic artifacts' basically just like Gideon's class back in Xyrus and 'Spellform flexibility mechanics' where the teachers help the students make their spell forms more diverse, finding new ways on how to usefully use it.

After we chose the classes, all of it immediately moved schedule, moving it in the morning session. And of course it's all done by that old snake for the sake of our training. In the morning, the three of us jogs around the campus and then purify our cores before heading out to our respective classes. It may be a simple and not that useful but doing something is better than doing nothing.

The 'melee enhancement' class just ended and all the students started packing their things and some are already exiting the room. I stood up from my seat and offered my hand to Caera who accepted it. We exited the classroom and walked to my room to wait for Nico who have the tempus wrap to Taegrin Caelum. We've been constantly going back and forth to the academy and Taegrin Caelum because of Cadell's training.

Arriving in the room, I let Caera use the bathroom first so that she can change to her training clothes. While I just sat on the chair to wait for Caera to finish. Caera entered the bathroom and left me alone producing an awkward silence in the room. The silence continued but because of my enhanced hearing I can hear the rustling of clothes as Caera undress herself there. I tried covering my ears but my desires won, and I continued to listen.

After a few minutes which felt like hours for me, Caera finally came out of the bathroom. She was about to speak but I stood up quickly and entered the bathroom to hide the redness on my face.

(Is that really the one he wants to hide? (⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠° )  )

I closed the door and a sigh escaped my mouth. “That was dangerous, Curse this hormones.” I thought, before changing to my training clothes.

//////

I walked out of the bathroom with my new clothes and waited for Nico to arrive. While waiting for him to arrive, me and Caera talked about random things until we reached an interesting topic.

“Caera, what about the horn I gave you? How much do you think have you absorb already?" I asked her

“I already absorbed more than half of it. I think I would be able to finish it in a few days." Caera explained which surprised me, absorbing a will should take at least more than a month to finish, yet she's almost finished doing it a few weeks earlier.