25 : A lighter to light his goal

Grey Vritra

“Huh?"

'Didn't hear me eh? Once again! I'm your majestic we-

“The dog's talking?”

“What are you talking about?” Melzri with a confused face commented about what I'm saying.

I can already imagine how stupid I looked because I'm literally talking to no one. Well I'm talking to a dog, and that fucking dog just talked to me.

'I'm not a dog I'm a majestic wo-

All of you here, kindly get out now." Agrona's voice rang inside the whole room.

The Scythes didn't even asked anything and left just seconds after he spoke. Agrona pulled a chair, sat down on it and faced me.

“So Grey, do you know what happened?"

'C'mon, I just woke up and you're already interrogating me.'

“Has it truly been a year and a half?"

“It has been exactly a year and a half since we lost you."

“I see"

“Can I know the situation on what's happening right now and what happened while I'm out?"

“Of course you can, The war is still on going. Dicathen became a little comfortable and we're all ready to launch an all out attack.” He shifted his body and leaned on the chair.

“As for those three, they've been going in and out of the relictombs. I think they're even stronger than you now.

“Nice joke you got there."

“Well, that's not a joke but seeing how confident you are makes me feel at ease.” He said bending his body lower.

“And after seeing this, I won't be surprised if you easily catch up to them."Agrona said and made his hands towards the wolf's flaming fur.

“Hey wait! That's -

But it's too late, the purple flame clung on to Agrona's black gloves. I immediately rose up from bed and tried to extinguish the flame. Even someone like Agrona can't take out that fire without amputating their own body parts.

“There's no need."

“Huh?"

I saw Agrona waving his hand and it's completely intact. No, why is that even a question? Of course it's intact. Why is he even saying that in the first place? What's the thing that needed? I'm confused. And why the hell is he wearing only one gloves on his hand. Where's the pair? Is this some kind of new trend here while I was gone?

“You are still recovering so sit down. Your dog too." He said in a cold voice.

I sat down slowly and the wolf shrunk in size, just the size of a regular wild wolf. I looked towards Agrona and couldn't help but be uncomfortable with his glove and his sleeves that looked shorter than the other one on his opposite arm.

“Sorry about that, where did we stop? My mind's kinda blurry right now."

“No problem, it's time for you to explain what happened inside that head of yours."

“Do you have any idea on what is it?"

“I have got a gist of it."

“Well-

___________________

“Hmm, I see. So this fire is probably a primordial version of soul fire. I've heard some rumors about it from the clan elders but to think it would be true. How interesting." Agrona grinned, eyeing the wolf beside me.