1 : Forced Farewell

Arthur

Slowly landing myself on the floor, I deactivated realmheart. All the people present in the academy are now looking at me with mixed emotions.

Looking around I saw Tessia hugging my bond, Sylvie. I slowly tried to approach the two when I noticed Lucas's body still intact inside the ice only missing an arm. It seems like I didn't hit it accurately with black lightning as I am cautious about hitting Sylvie and Tessia as well.

Not even thinking twice I raised my arm pointing at the ice coffin.

"Because of how dense and rich the mana in the ice because of realmheart, it's possible that this bastard is still alive."

I gathered fire mana on my hands and controlled it to stick on the icy surface. This spell is the same spell Lucas last used before I froze him. Almost finishing the spell I readied myself to detonate it.

"Lucas Wykes a piece of shit like you doesn't deserve to be alive, let alone stay in the same world as I live in. Yes, that's right, a lowly noble dare to hurt what belongs to me? a king? "

Grinning and detonating the spell Ember Eclipse to finally punish this bastard.

Confusion appeared on my face as the spell didn't detonate. So I tried doing it again but it still didn't work."Huh? Why isn't it working?"

Trying to give an explanation on what is happening, I sensed a foreign mana signature enter the academy. Focusing to pinpoint the mana signature to find its exact whereabouts.

"Where are you? huh? above! "

Looking up, I saw 4 Lances flying towards me, leading them is Varay Aurae.

"It's that huh? I didn't do the spell wrong nor did someone cancelled it. That woman froze the fire mana to stop me from firing it. "

The next thing I know is that I'm surrounded by four of the Lances and it seems like they see me as hostile to them. All of them are pointing their weapons at me.

I saw Bairon Wykes glance towards his brother's body incased in ice. He immediately put his spear an inch away from my neck.

"You, what did you do to my brother?"

He said, his voice is cold with no tinge of emotion. Or so I thought if I'm someone ordinary that is, but being a king for multiple decades makes such things a child's play. The human lance here is throwing a facade to not show any emotions in front of his colleagues.

"Quite admirable, I thought he's just another strong arrogant noble. Seems like the quote "Don't judge a book by it's cover still applies to the lances. "

"Arthur Leywin, by the order of the 6 council members you are deemed to be apprehended and will go through interrogation and questioning about the things that happened this evening.
Mass Killing, Act of Terrorism, Fraud, these are few of the things the council thinks you're guilty. You will be accompanied by us to the council for their judgement."

The ice lance said in a chilly voice and then glancing at Bairon Wykes who immediately dropped his weapon that's about to cut my neck.

Having no intention to flee I just raised my arm suggesting I mean no harm. I may be a king but I'm not that arrogant to take on multiple lances. Even one will definitely just toss me like a ragdoll if they fight me seriously.

"It's good that you know your place commoner, Just surrender and I'll make you pay after the council is dne with you."

"Seriously? I take back what I said earlier, this guy's a jerk. "