16 : Tyrant's True Nature?

Agrona Vritra

I sent Cadell to teach Grey and Nico in the academy, maybe that Caera girl too. I sent him there to get them ready for the upcoming war. I know Nico isn't a good combatant so I ordered Cadell to train him more physically. As for Caera, I only want Cadell to focus on training her in her sword skill and Soul fire. While I ordered him to train Grey with his Vritra mana arts for it to develop.

After all, Cadell isn't my right hand man just because of his strength. But because of his overwhelming capabilities granted to him as a Tri-elemental mage." Even though Cadell is a lesser, he proved himself as a promising young man from a lowly blood back then. And now, he is a Scythe capable of holding his own against a full blooded Asura.

Getting back to the topic, I delayed the war a little bit because of Grey's unexpected arrival and I successfuly managed to reunite the two reincarnates. But I don't like that all things are going good, too good.

“Almost as if everything is all planned, or maybe it really is?"

I mused entering my lab under Taegrin Caelum. What greeted me after entering it is a dark room full of apparatus and samples I've collected for centuries. Scientists are all over the place working as busy as ever making sure the procedure goes in the right way. All of them saw me enter and bowed their head, proceeding back on what they're doing.

I walked towards Orlaeth the sovereign of Sehz-Clar to check on the progress we've done. “It is all going as you expected High Sovereign, we will continue the preparations and will be finished at the end of the day." Orlaeth said showing me the almost complete product incased in a glass tube filled with greenish black liquids. Orlaeth is one of the few Basilisk whom I can trust and he at least is not near the level of insanity like the other Basilisk in this continent.

“You should proceed with all caution continuing the next part of the operation Orlaeth. This would only work once and you know what that means right?” I said to him, serious and loud enough for everyone to hear in this room. Everyone froze on their feet except Orlaeth, and I started to walk to the door.

“I will do my best, High Sovereign. For our clan and also for myself." Orlaeth said.

“Do whatever you can to finish the preparation for the Legacy's arrival to this world. We need to make sure that this vessel is capable of containing her soul." I said exiting the lab. I started to walk up to my office and arrived in front of the door. I'm about to open it to do all the paperworks but I decided that can be done next time.
Ignoring all my problems for now, I walked straight to the end of this hallway.

Cecilia, The legacy, a girl granted by an enormous ki pool but not able to control it. She posseses a potential more than anyone else in this world. Being someone capable of controlling mana better than every Asuras. She would be the best counter for them draining their mana, killing them.

The product that is in the capsule, or should I say the vessel is a Phoenix. She, I believe is the daughter of the Phoenix held captive here before who managed to escape. The young Phoenix, searching for her mother did not care of all the Basilisk hiding in Alacrya and charged in here resulting to here capture.

A Phoenix is an Asura capable of revival so it would be the perfect vessel for the legacy. A body that is created specifically for a soul to enter back in it. A body powerful enough to restrain the Legacy's soul and support it. A perfect vessel, all I have to do is wait for Orlaeth to do what he's told and give the body its final touches for a successful reincarnation. That is to put memories in it for the body to get attached to Grey and Nico, making the reincarnation go smoothly.

If that failed, then I would have no choice but to choose between the two, Tessia Eralith and Caera Denoir. As the vessel for the Legacy.

I arrived at my supposed destination, the room where my wife Sylvia is resting. I entered and closed the door slowly, not to shock and bring stress to her sleeping body. I grabbed the wooden chair in the corner and placed it near her bed. I sat down and started telling Sylvia what happened on this week.

I've been doing this for years now after Cadell brought Sylvia back here. All I do is talk to Sylvia, hoping she can hear me and reduce her loneliness even how miniscule it may have helped her. I talked about all the things I'm planning are now on the move, how busy I've been, how Grey is, and how can I get our daughter back.

The spell I've casted on my daughter still is there. It pained me doing that to my daughter and abandoning her for now, but it is for the better. Kezess won't just stand by and let me grab her granddaughter away from him. I'm enraged by the fact that for years I couldn't track where my daughter is and why Sylvia hid her from me but now I understand. She did not hid her away from me but to her father. I know how powerful Kezess really is, which is why preparing is the best thing to do now.

Getting the three reincarnates and maximizing the capabilities of my army is just the beginning. It will continue and end after I dethrone Kezess and finally holding my daughter in my own embrace.

I know it won't be easy, but I will do it. Not as the High Sovereign of Alacrya, not as the leader of the Vritras, not as a crazed man blinded by revenge. But as a father to get my daughter back, and live a peaceful life with my family.

I got up from the wooden chair and returned it back to the corner. I held my wife's face as it welcomed me just how it always did before when we're still young. I caressed her face and fixed her hair admiring her beauty that charmed even me, who's back then was just a young child not caring about anything but adventures. She taught me everything about love and life, and made me who I am now.

I withdrew my hand and just stood there silently. My mask is starting to crumble but I easily fixed it back. I turned towards the door and started to walk but my emotions won and made me look back to Sylvia once more. A strand of tear flowed from my left eye shocking me. I immediately wiped it and exited the room.

I entered my office and did my everyday work with the documents. I then rested in there just thinking of the things on how to improve Grey more and utilize his power. As for Nico and Caera, possibly also Cecilia. They need more experience in the battlefield which is why I thought of sending them in the rel-

knock! knock! knock!

Loud knocks interrupted my inner monologue and it seems that the ones who did it was in a rush. “Enter" I said loud enough for the ones outside can hear. The door opened immediately revealing Orlaeth who looked very exhausted.

“H-High sovereign! The operation is a success!" He shouted and I immediately stood up, grabbing him by the collar and rushed to the lab.

_________
11-07-23