6 : Training Buddies

Grey

A few days have passed since Caera moved into Seris's mansion. I got acquainted with her quite fast, maybe because I just don't have any friends or that I'm surrounded by old geezers or maybe something else.

I mean, I wouldn't really say that I'm young. I'm 38 as King Grey and 14 now as Arthur or Grey, as I preffer now. So I'm basically 52 years old two lives combined but I still consider myself young.

Agrona for example, that guy is probably more than a thousand years old. Seris probably is older than 50 years old that's what I want to believe, as she acts like a boomer sometimes.

But for me, I'm officially 14 years old. Not only I am physically young but I still experienced things that young people would go through. I cried, I played with other kids, I attended school. Which is why I now feel like I'm a teen with an old man's memories inside his brain.

Setting that aside, Caera is a pretty decent person. At first she acts cautios around me but now we're basically friends. She's also very beautiful, she's on Tessia's level maybe even higher.
Seeing her blue navy hair that compliments her gorgeous red eyes wave as the strong wind blows it in all directions. Her well gifted body every woman and man would want.

“Stop it Grey, you're being a creep."

I thought, mentally slapping myself.
I won't deny that she's pretty but it's not like I have feelings for Caera. That would be weird as we only met a few days ago. And I'm not really into things like "love at first sight" I believe that's kinda stupid and can't really understand it.

Forget the things I just said, I'm now outside the mansion just sitting on a wooden bench watching Caera who's carrying a wooden sword slashing some earth dummies I created. I gave her the wooden sword for her body to get used to using a wider, heavier sword. It will result in her being able to slash faster and stronger if given a higher quality sword.

“That's probably the best training for her right now, she's been spoiled by using a good sword and now she's struggling to wield a simple wooden one." I thought standing up, grabbing the flask full of water beside me.

“Caera! that's enough, you did well for today." I shouted calling for her, basically telling her to rest.

I and Caera became "training buddies" as what Seris calls it. Seris set us up both for this so she can do all her works leaving the two of us to help each other. Me teaching Caera the way of the sword. And Caera teaching me soul fire or atleast how to conjure vritra magic as I still can't do it until now.

"huff huff  I-I can't believe that I'm struggling to wield a wooden sword. Especially while someone is watching me." Caera said already in front of me.

I gave her the flask and she drank it immediately leaving no water inside it. I sat back down and she also sat down beside me on the wooden bench. Comfortable silence surrounded us and Caera seems to be enjoying it.

I raised my hand that's on my lap and patted Caera's head. Caera looked surprised at first but she just let me do it. I do this everyday when she finishes her training with me. I don't know why but I just did.

“Hey, be gentle you'll ruin my hair." Said the blue haired princess

“Who cares, I'll be the one fixing it anyway." I replied to her continuing patting her head.

sighh just be careful not to touch my horns. I'm not used on someone else touching them."

“I won't don't worry." I replied

Yes that's right, Caera revealed that she has awakened her Vritra blood. She didn't really revealed it, rather Seris revealed it saying that Caera doesn't need to hide it inside her manor because she lives alone. She really is an old woman as she lives like one.

“Well, Caera you should rest now. The training for today is finished and tomorrow is your break, so no training." I said standing up from the bench.

“Yes but Scythe Seris said I'll be doing something tomorrow. " she replied and also stood up.

We both walked to the mansion together. I'm the first while Caera is following me from behind.

“Hey Grey, can I ask something?" Caera said stopping on her tracks.

“Yes you can, what is it?" I replied also stopping on my tracks facing her.

“Why do you have a Vritra on your name even though you don't have any horns and can't use their mana arts? I apologize if this is a sensitive topic for you. My curiosity just got better on me. " Caera asked trying to hide the curiousity in her eyes.

“It's not really that much of a sensitive topic for me. To answer that question, you can think of me as Agrona's grandson. I guess that would easily explain it." I answered her and continued to walk but stopped when I realized that Caera hasn't moved from the spot where she stopped. Looking back to Caera, she's now frozen like a statue.

“What? does she think I'm lying and can't believe I'm stupid saying that?"

I thought, giving Caera a stare of confusion. Caera regains her composure but still has a look of disbelief written all over her face.

“You're what?!" She asked almost shouting at me.

“I see Agrona's wife as my grandmother because she took care of me when I was young." I replied to her hoping this would cure her curiousity but it looks like I made her even more curious.

“Why does women don't get tired if they're trying to get some information? I guess only a woman will know."

You better get some rest now. I'll tell you all about it in the future if I'm comfortable enough. Maybe, if It's even possible that I'll get comfortable again with someone else." I said to her but whispering the last sentence so that no one would be able to hear it.

Caera looked at me quite confused but then smiled at me. "I understand I do hope though that you'll be comfortable around me because I'm not that bad at all" Caera said sending me a much more sweeter smile. A smile I've only seen twice. That time I called Sylvia my grandma and the time when I was born. Alice and Reynold's smile still lives inside my brain. But that doesn't matter now, no everything from Dicathen doesn't matter now.

They all have already abandoned me so there is no more reason for me not to abandon them"

________
I wont be uploading tomorrow but I'll upload two chapters on saturday, Philippine time around 9 pm to 11pm