22. "This is my burden!"

"A gift from the angels?", he questions, with a raised eyebrow. "Yes"

He grabs ahold of my hand, obtaining me into a bare white room, with no ornaments, no sunlight, just plain. He pulls my sleeve, revealing my black veins. "Ow!"

"Who did this to you?"

There is nothing you can do about it. Nothing anyone can do about it. It was my neglect. Never pull out a heart. I tug my sleeve against my wrist,  grasping his hand. "We should get going."

Sepher's response startled me. Don't get me mistaken, I knew my curse was horrid. But if a mighty royal wizard was afraid of a little dark magic. What am I really in for?

He was silent the whole way through, as the angels' voices began arising in my head. Even in "death", they cannot renounce. "You must kill the royal wizard, if not you'll
die— you'll die."

My thoughts are disturbed by a soft voice. "Perhaps, I could heal it."

A profound sigh falls from my lips. If only it was that precise, the angels are wise creatures, they understand what they're doing. The curse cannot be healed by anyone despite them, or the fulfillment of a mission. A mission, I can't face. "You cannot."

"There must be something, we can do."

Sepher saunters nearer me, as his hands rest on mine. "Princess, I'm not sure if you know all too well, what you're doing. Dark magic will kill you."

I know.

Sepher raises his eyebrows, as his hands tear away from mine. I attempt to grasp them, but he's farther across. "What is it?", I ask.

"You know something?"

Neither of us moved a muscle. My heartbeat was loud, the crimping sound of Sepher moved, and I could hear his nervous breaths. 

Sepher must die

Sepher must die

Sepher must die

"We must inform the king.", Sepher speaks, clearly. No! The angels will proclaim war, and they'll prevail. The gods are on their side, we're just a small realm in Astrea, what do we have that they do not?

But before my mouth could voice my thoughts, Sepher glides on his horse, towards the palace, and my horse soars after him, dissuading{preventing} him from parting. "Move this instant.", Sepher announces, as his steed releases a squawking huff.

"Hear me. I'm your Queen, and I'm instructing you not to tell the king. This isn't his duty nor is it yours. Trust me, please."

To Be Continued...