3. "My brother wanted to be king"

My body pivots to my elder. " You accepted my proposal for me."

"I did it to protect you. To protect all of us. If you feel embarrassed there is no one to reprimand, but yourself."

"I was going to accept. And you lied to me, how could you?"

"This marriage would've been beneficial for all."

"I am not your hero. Nor a beneficial charity case. Just a child and you are my elder. You're supposed to support me. How could I be of much help now?"

"You'll see, my dear. You'll see."

• Shira

My eyes glance over at the newspaper

Breaking News

Our dearest King's heart was shattered into a million pieces.

When his preeminent proposal was rejected...

From no other than a peasant girl.

Yes... you heard me perfectly

a peasant decided she was too good to wed the monarch.

Does she not know how fortunate she is?

Hopefully, the king will recover from this tragedy soon.

Mastering his ways and finding a suitable queen

Until then... - Daily News

My hands smash the article on the table, my blood boiling. "Miesely peasant girl." I'm not just a peasant. This "writer", extremely exaggerated the report. No one "broke" his heart. I merely voiced no, it's not like the king was devoted to me. It doesn't matter now, in a few weeks we will be husband and wife. "Ugh!"

"Shira?"

My eyes turn meeting my brother's, as my legs jump, and my arms rejoice him with a hug. "Thank God, you're here."

"How could you do this to me?", Damian declares, holding the daily newspaper in hand. "It's nonsense."

My hands grab the newspaper, tossing it into the trash. "You're marrying the king!"

What is he furious for? My mouth stopped, taken aback, and my eyes peered to read his blank expression. "Whatever do you mean?"

He rolls his eyes, then continues. "You never wanted to be a royal—"

Still don't

"And we share everything.", Damian says. Ouch, that hurt. "I just wanted this— this one thing. Something made just for me. Royalty.. I was going to woo the king. I was going to be next in line. But you, with your "grace", and your"perfectness" — you took it away from me, and I'll ruin you for it..."

To Be Continued...