6. Powers?

Damian chortles uncontrollably, like my query was the most amusing thing in the world. It was taunting, it felt like being mocked. Perhaps I was?

"I've been planning this for a while, Shira. Every moment, every detail, down to the dot. Starting with you."

"You stole the crown for me."

"You can have it.", my voice expresses, causing Damian to chuckle more. "You say that now, but you'll change. You're just not ready. And now that I see that. It can't just be given to me. It must be won—"

"And I'll win it. Every battle, every war. You'll be dead, and I'll be king. See you in a few days."

Damian strolls away, whistling. What am I going to do?

"Shira, dear.", one of my elders sounds, ambling towards me. My body collides into their arms, frigid tears dropping from my eyes. "What am I going to do?"

She grabs my arms. "You will reason it out. We believe in you."

"You aren't going to aid me?", I ask, unfastening my arms from theirs.

"This is where we leave you.", my elders continue.

"You brought me into this situation. You advised me to court the king, and I betrayed my brother, just to satisfy you. And now you're forsaking me when I need the most.", my words fall into a soft breath, as my elders gape into my eyes, not sounding a word.

"Why did you do that to me?"

"You will thrive, you are --"

I'm all alone, what was this for? Why was I so foolish?

"Please, just go."

"We know you'll understand... Just give it time."

The elders shift away, defecting me. I didn't pursue after them, instead, my body stood motionless like a wall. My legs didn't move, my body didn't force it, only my eyes did, as the tears sank out of them. But a conclusion came in my head, I need help, and if they couldn't offer that for me, I knew damn well, I'd get it from somewhere else.

• Mountains

Ascending through the mountains was a grim task on foot, but after a few hours, I saw light. A lit-up cave. Finally.

I knock on the door, and my eyes eventually encounter a young girl, possibly my age. "Mama!", she hollers out. The sound of footsteps travels through my ears, and I find an older woman with green eyes and brown hair in front of me. She clasped my face and began examining it. Super weird... then she drove through my locs, lightly grazing them. She sighed, then spoke. "Come in."

Walking in, I encountered two additional older women possibly her sisters, one had blonde hair, and the other had red. Their eyes were piercing as they observed my every step. "Hello."

"Who's the girl?"

"I'm Shira."

"the king's girl", one of them whispered. "What do you want?", the first woman I encountered queried. So much for being subtle. " Help. My brother is declaring war against Astrea."

"Oh, dear!"

"We will help."

Yes.Yes.Yessss

"Thank you. Thank you so mu-"

"We will grant you with 3 powers.", the blonde-haired woman declares.

"The power of healing."

"The power of portal making."

"The power of controlling mystical creatures  of your choice."

They each tap on my wrist, then smile. "There these are your powers. Use them wisely"