11. The Curse

I'll prepare.", my elders display, conducting towards the kitchen. My head turns to the king, as my hand lays on his. "I must freshen up. If my elders ask, I'm in the washroom."

My legs proceed upstairs, encountering a window. I must speak to the angels, hopefully, my elders won't be as infuriated once they find out why.

My body plunges from the window onto the patio. That hurt way more than desired. Then my eyes face a black horse.

The horse neighs, as I try to soothe her down. "Please, please. Calm down." My hands grab the horse's rope, as they slowly pet her. "It's okay." The horse controls, and proceeds steadily. "Thank you."

My legs spring onto the horse, and my mouth lets out a weak breath. The horse starts running, as my hands direct her up the mountains, where my eyes encounter the lit-up cave, they witnessed heretofore, my legs hop off the horse, walking me to the cave, witnessing the angels. "Your majesty, to what do we owe this pleasure?", the brown-haired angel asked.

I pull my sleeve, revealing my black veins. "What's happening to me?"

"Oh dear!"

Oh dear! , So that means it is serious. What could it possibly be? Does it mean I'm dying?

"What is it?", I ask.

"Did you pull out the dark queen's heart?"

Not necessarily, but is this a curse?

"She pulled my hand!"

The three angels sigh, and the red-haired angel emits. "When you pull out a heart, you gain dark magic."

Dark magic?  How could this be probable, my heart was pure. Yet, dark magic is evil, it's a curse.

"Dark magic is a gift from the devil, and we as angels, don't have access to it, so now the gift and the curse are adjoining, causing the veins."

No! I'm going to die...

"You must take it out."

"We don't have access to it, it's a gift. The only way gifted dark magic can be defeated is by doing the opposite."

"And what's that?"

"You must kill a pure soul. A soul aligned in their cards."

To Be Continued...