18. King's Orders

An angel blade slices through their necks, as they sink to the floor, into dust. A nuanced smirk falls on my lips.

"They're a gift. It can't be taken away."

"Shira. No!", a voice appears in my head.

"I have every magic. I have possession."

• Later

What happened?

My eyes awaken in the presence of my chambers, moving towards a figure, as my heartbeat upsurged. Not realizing an unknown figure was in my room. My body started to swell down when my mind realized who it was. Sepher

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here, as well"

"What are you doing in my chambers? Or do you take pleasure in watching me sleep?"

Sepher giggles, then replies. "The king asked me to look after you. Assist in your every need. So, what do you need?"

"For you to leave."

Sepher chuckles, resting his head on my lap. "Kings' orders, princess."

"Yes, where is his dear majesty?", I ask, cunningly, scrutinizing roughly for him. Sepher extends his eyes, letting them meet mine. "Indeed where is he? How come you share separate beds?"

"That's none of your concern."

Sepher chuckles. "I'm merely joking, your highness."

"Well, you may go now."

"Not entirely. Our dearest majesty was distinct that we'd devote the day in tandem[together]. I believe his explicit orders were not to leave your side."

How peculiar?[strange]

"Really?", I say, in a dumbfounded manner. "How peculiar, we're quite strangers to each other."

Sepher nods his head, repaying my response with a wide grin.  "So princess— "

But before the man could finalize his sentence, my question interrupts him. "What are we to do?"

"Took the words directly out my mouth.", Sepher says, with a playful smile, as a diminutive chuckle falls from my lips.

To Be Continued...

Sorry for the brief chapter, and sorry that this took so long to post, I was occupied with school. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, though. Stay tuned for the next... Bye!