4. KING

He rolls his eyes, then continues. "You never wanted to be a royal—"

Still don't

"And we share everything.", Damian says. Ouch, that hurt. "I just wanted this— this one thing. Something made just for me. Royalty... I was going to woo the king. I was going to be next in line. But you, with your "grace", and your"perfectness" — you took it away from me, and I'll ruin you for it..."

"How are you going to do that?"

I'll be queen. And he'll be one of my subjects, there is nothing he can do to stop me.

• Shira

My legs walk me to the garden where I'm met with my elders. "Elders, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"The king is here."

Now?

Behind the leaves beholds the presence of our sovereign in a black suit, and black pants, coated with a large white coat. My legs sink. "Your majesty, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Your elders told me you wanted to meet here."

My eyes curl to my elders, their smile widening, and their gaze on the king. Of course, they did.

"Yes, my apologies. It must have slipped my mind. I called upon you because I wish for us to
court—", my mouth lets out in an effortless breath, straining to maintain a smile. Another sigh, as our eyes turn to my elders.

"Of course. We'd be delighted."

The king beams, he wasn't horrid looking. Unfortunately, he was widely attractive for his age, he had dark skin and a nice cut-up beard, his brown eyes were mesmerizing, and he was made beautifully, there was no doubt about that. I'm sure I can grow to love him, but my heart knows all too well, it could never truly fall in love with him.

"Until then, Ms

"Until then, Ms. Alder.", he says, grabbing ahold of my hand, as he kisses it and flees the chamber.

Later

My hands hold onto the neck of the bowstring, my eyes squinting in place focusing on the yellow dot, 30 meters away. My mouth breaths in and out. I can do this. My hands tighten on the bow, then release as it flies right through the yellow dot. Bullseye.

"Shira"

My head angles, and is met with my elders. "You're late."

"Oh Apologies, was our dear king waiting, poor guy."

My mouth lets out a subtle chuckle, inducing them to roll their eyes. "Come along, child."

Palace

"Shira, darling.", the king chimes, practically flying towards me, as his lips brush my cheek. Someone's keen. "I'd like to discuss our future."

 My eyes roll. Here we go again...