Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Harry's Pov

I took the letter back to the hotel. I waited until everyone was asleep and then I turned on my table lamp and sat in bed reading it.

Dear Harry,

Please, don't come looking for me. I think it's better this way. I wrote this while I was at the airport. I wanted to say that even when we're not together, I feel like we are. The ring you gave me, makes me feel like you're there with me, holding me. Does that sound crazy? I bet it does right. You know, I miss you already and all I do is think about you. I replay every moment of my time with you, and I imagine how life could have been like for us. We will be together again, I just know it. But for now, space is what we need. I know you can't forgive me for what I've done, and I don't expect you too, but just remember that, I love you, and only you, and I probably always will.

It's hard being apart, but I promise to always write you. I put an address at the back on the envelope so you can write me back.

If you don't want to write me back, I understand. But I'll always be waiting for you.

- Alexandra

I didn't expect such a short letter, nor did I expect an address. I knew not to go looking for her, because she needed time to think too, and I respected that. There comes a time in life where you love someone enough to understand, that being apart may be the best thing. As I finished reading the letter, I realised I was smiling. I stayed up all night writing a letter back to her. Who knew writing a letter to someone could be so much fun?

Ally's Pov

As I arrived back home, and I mean, my real home, my mother greeted me. "Darling, you're back." She swooped me into a gentle hug. "Hi mum. Did you miss me?" She kissed me on the forehead, and nodded, "More than ever."

I never realised how much I missed home. I missed my room, I missed how big it was, I missed the whole place, and how spacious it was. "Come, let's get you something to eat. You must be hungry." She placed her hand around my waist and led me to the kitchen where our maid, Consuela, was cooking something. "Mrs. Alexandra, you're home!" She exclaimed in her russion accent. I missed that too. I gave Consuela a hug, "Would you like something to eat?" I smiled at her, and replied, "Yes please. I'm starved."

Consuela made me a fruit salad. I stabbed my fork into the pineapple and ate it. Consuela and I talked about everything. She wasn't just a maid, but she was a part of the family too. She was the one I told everything to. "Alexandra?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. I turned around and saw my brother, his arms open and his smile lop sided as usual. "Ethan!" I called out as I ran into his arms. He hugged me tight, almost lifting me up off the ground. "How's my little sis' been?" He asked. When I didn't reply, he didn't care. He just said, "I'm tired, so I might just go read a book or something. How about we catch up later?" I looked him up and down, he looked so good in suits, like a sophisticated man, when he was just a boy, "Okay." I replied with a smile.

I turned back to Consuela, she looked around before saying, "So if you loved this, Harry, boy so much, why didn't you ask him to come back with you?"

"I didn't tell him about going to court." I replied,

"Why not?"

"I didn't want him to get involved, and I didn't want Mia knowing I was taking the blame for what happened to Nathan."

Consuela nodded, like she had just figured out the puzzle.

My mother showed up behind me and said, "You should start un packing, darling. The trial is tomorrow." I nodded and started for the stairs, "Oh, and Alexandra?" my mother spoke, I stopped and turned around, "Yes?" A smile started to form on her ageless face, "I'm proud of you. For doing this, for owning up and facing your responsibilities. It shows me how much you've really grown up. All you need to do now is start looking for a boy." She joked at the end. I let out a little laugh, "Thanks mum." I couldn't help but think to myself, I have found a boy.

That night as I slept in my room, I played with the ring on my finger. The one Harry had given me. I was anxious to see if he would write back.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I'm updating a few times a day, so I'm back on track. Woo! (: Thank you all my readers!

XxxxBeachHouseMansions