𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

✿︎DAYLIGHT

✿︎
DAYLIGHT

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞
𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨, 𝐠𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞."

season 2, episode 6.

✿︎

AURORA COULD HEAR HER PAGER GOING OFF AS SHE LAID IN ISAAC'S ARMS. A sigh leaves her lips as she knew she would have to go to work. They would only page her when she was off if it was something emergent. "Turn that damn thing off." Isaac grumbles from beside her, his arms wrapping around her waist tighter. Aurora reaches for it on the nightstand, looking at it and seeing that it said 911.

"It's a page. I have to go back." Aurora tells him as she sits up, allowing his arms to drop from her. Isaac furrows his eyebrows as he tries to make her lay back down.

"Back where?" He asks, a bit confused when she starts to lean down for her clothes.

"To the hospital." She answers him as she goes to get up from the bed but he just moves over to her, wrapping his arms back around her and pulling her against him.

"No, you don't. Just stay here." Isaac says as he starts to leave kisses down her neck. Aurora bites the inside of her cheek as she glances back at him.

"It's my job, Isaac." Aurora states and she could feel him tense by the way his fingers dug into her sides.

"Always choosing that stupid job." Isaac mutters, pulling away from her. Aurora frowns, shaking her head.

"I'm not. I just can't ignore this." Aurora tells him as she gets up from the bed, continuing to get dressed.

"You can, you just don't want to." He responds as he leans back on the bed. Aurora sighs, rubbing her face as she really didn't want to argue with him.

"I could get in trouble if I don't go." She points out, he knew how important it was for her to be there but it didn't seem like he cared.

"Would that be the worst thing in the world?" Isaac asks her with a sigh.

"I want to be the best, Isaac. I can't just skip a page." Aurora states, crossing her arms against her chest. She shouldn't argue with him, she knew that, but she couldn't help herself.

"You couldn't have gone into your family's business? You just had to choose the same route as your brother." He states with a scoff, rolling his eyes a bit. Aurora hated when he diminished her accomplishments as just following after Daniel.

"I've always wanted to be a surgeon."

"And you say you want a family, yet we'll probably never have one." Isaac snaps back at her with a glare. He had been asking her a lot recently to try and start for a baby but that would only mess things up for her career.