𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄; 𝐀 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

✿︎

✿︎

KIWI
"𝑺𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚,
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒊𝒕."

season one, episode one.

✿︎

AURORA KENLEY could not believe that she was standing in an OR within Seattle Grace Hospital. All her life, she's dreamed of this very moment and it was finally here. It felt so surreal that she had made it this far. Getting into med school, completing it by graduating at the top of her class, everything leading up to this point seemed so little now. It was basically like a blip compared to actually beginning her residency.

She was an extremely competitive person and it didn't help that her brother was an established cardiothoracic surgeon. He was named on of the best in the country. So, of course that added to the pressure that Aurora felt was on her. To be the best. To accomplish everything she had her mind set on. But she knew it wasn't going to be easy because there were others who thought just like her. And if she was going to become a neurosurgeon, she had to keep her head on straight and get to the finish line.

Aurora moved to Seattle recently from Los Angeles where she had lived for the past several years, other than the four that she completed med school at MIT. They had moved back to Los Angeles briefly as she waited to hear back from multiple residency programs across the country. She lived with her boyfriend, Isaac Matthews who she had met in Massachusetts.

Isaac and her have been together for the past four years. She was completely head over heels for him. But there relationship wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Most people who met them, would say it was an extremely toxic environment and anyone with eyes could tell that he was an abusive asshole. But of course, Aurora loved him too much that she just looked right past it. No matter how many times he yelled at her, or hit her, she would just stick by him. For better or for worse, right?

"Each of you comes here today hopeful, wanting on the game. A month ago you were in med school, being taught by doctors. Today, you are the doctors. The seven years you spend here as a surgical resident will be the best and worst of your life. You will be pushed to the breaking point. Look around you. Say hello to your competition." Richard states as they all glance around at each other. Aurora let her eyes roam around, mainly looking at the equipment within the OR. There were about twenty of them and they already knew it was going to be a cutthroat game.

"Eight of you will switch to an easier speciality,  five of you will crack under the pressure, two of you will be asked to leave. This is your starting line, this is your arena. How well you play, that's up to you." He tells them before leaving the room. Aurora let's out a sigh, looking around the room.