Prologue

I never liked studying, let alone working overtime to write.

Doctor Jensen told me that I need to open my wounds to heal them better. I find it stupid but I can't say anything because it's not up to me. She asks me to tell my story with Eden but I have other interesting things to do.

Do my homework and memorize my presentation, for example. That's what I would have done if I had a normal mother ! She's never on my back except when I'm feeling a little less fit. My mother is the perfect example of a grieving worker while it was me who was affected first.

I'm not in mourning that much, it's true, but I can't be sad when I know I went through that.

Okay, I'll get started.

Let me introduce myself, Jessy Jensen. My mother is my psychiatrist and I am her daily patient first thing in the morning and especially before sleeping. I just celebrated my twentieth birthday. I will soon be a fresh graduate from Manhattan Art School. I was born in Brooklyn and moved with my mother when my father killed himself by hanging when I was seven. I hate anything too feminine except nights parties, I'm what they call a "tomboy".

Eden loved the way I was and I understand it a little more every day. I remember his last messages and his voice in my ear when I listened to my answering machine the next day.

I would like to tell you a story that I have never understood before. Maybe you won't believe me, but know that whatever you're about to read, I lived it like you live your life.

The story of my guardian angel.

-------- ☀︎ --------

Let's go for the story !

Alex Segers, Belgian, at your service in this literary adventure !

Sorry if my English is bad...

Are you ready ?

November 17, 2023