Chapter 30 - Gap

On the day of the midterm evaluation.

Crack–

The sound of clasped hands breaking echoed in the quiet practice room.

Teacher Yoo Min-seo glanced back at the source of the sound.

Sitting next to her was Kim Joo-hyun, a famous ballad singer who was a special guest.

As a person with a long career, she has seen many singers.

"Do you have any trainees you might be interested in?"

Her eyes sparkled behind her black horn-rimmed glasses.

Teacher Yoo Min-seo secretly hoped that one person's name would come out of her mouth, but unfortunately, her gaze stopped at the photo of another trainee.

Vocal Group B's main vocalist will compete with Vocal Group A.

"Lee Hajin, this guy is okay."

If you had seen the video during grading, it makes sense.

He was a trainee who had outstanding vocal skills but was downgraded to a B grade during the grading process due to a lack of talent and dancing skills.

Teacher Yoo Min-seo tried to give him an A grade, but the decision was pushed back by other trainers.

Teacher Yoo Min-seo nodded in understanding, even though she was disappointed.

"Then, shall we look at the vocal team from Group B?"

"Oh, yes!"

"Hey, wake up."

The trainees of Team B, who had been tense at one word from Teacher Yoo Min-seo, stood up all at once.

This seems to have been well-balanced, as there seem to be many trainees who were vocalists from the beginning.

Team A is slightly ahead in recognition, but is their vocal balance weak?

Teacher Yoo Min-seo made a quick decision and spoke while conscious of the camera.

"Team B, are you confident?"

"Of course. I am confident."

Team B's main vocalist, Lee Ha-jin, answered confidently with a raised eyebrow.

Even at a glance, the eyes are full of spirit.

'You're saying that because I won the main vocalist fight, right?"

Lee Hajin closed his mouth with his eyes as if he were saying that.

'He's the type of person who can read thoughts.'

Those kids are everywhere.

I don't know if he has a good personality to survive in a survival program, but...

Being full of spirit means having a lot of greed for music, so he wasn't the type of person I disliked.

She tapped the desk with a ballpoint pen and raised her head.

"Then let's get started. What song did you prepare?"

"I prepared 'Hold Me!'"

"Oh, that song?"

The song prepared by vocal team B was the famous ballad 'Hold Me,' which contains two difficult high-pitched refrains.

Since it is one of the nation's favorite karaoke songs, it goes without saying that it is well-known. The problem is that this song is notorious for its difficult chorus.