Heart Nikkala

"Dei Harsha, ethana manikku recording studio ku varanum nu sollu. Oru vaati paadi paathu aparam record panikalaama?" Sivaangi said. She reached the studio 15 minutes earlier. As she walked in, she heard him on his key board. He looked up and smiled, "Vaa Sivaangi". She smiled and said, "Dei ippo nee vaasichadu semma catchy ya irundhudhu. Enna song idhu?" He smiled back and said, "Ennoda sondha composition. Oru semma dance song ku music pottu vachirukken. Edhukku eppo time varumo therila." Sivaangi's eyes lit up, "Thirumba vaasichu kaami." He promptly played the tune for her and she clapped gleefully. "Harsha, nee semma talented da. Naan onnu sollattuma? Namba ding dong kovil mani shoot panittom seri but why don't we work on a MV with your music? Idha velila kondu varalaam. Semma beat aa irukku. Nalla irukkum." Harsha was hesitant, "Adhellam velaikku aagadhu Sivaaangi. Producer paakanum, lyricist paakanum. Naraya velai irukku." She slapped his shoulder and said, "Naan Ravoofa ma'am kitta pesaren. I feel really good about this da. Try panni thaan paarpome. Unga family aala thaan naanga inniki ippidi irukkom so I will do all that I can to help you. Don't worry."

The following day, Sivaangi set up a meeting with Ravoofa ma'am. They met at Media Masons office where Harsha quickly played the little track that he had composed. After he finished playing, Sivaangi and Harsha looked up at Ravoofa ma'am with hope and expectation. She sat quietly for a few minutes after listening to the tune. Sivaangi was too excited to stay quiet. She asked, "Ma'am edhavudhu sollunga. Semmaya irukku la?" Ravoofa thought for a moment and then looked up with a smile, "Ok let's do it. I have a lyricist in mind. Neenga rendu perum paadunga. Let's plan the rest." Harsha and Sivaangi looked up at each other excitedly and gave a quick side hug.

As they left the office Harsha asked Sivaangi, "Un aalu kitta pesalaama? Avar thaan MV king aache. Avara aada vekkalaama?" Sivaangi blushed at the mention of Ashwin but told Harsha that she will talk to him. That very evening she called Ashwin, "Ashwineyyy enge irukeenga?" He always smiled at the sound of her chirpy voice, "Dance practice mudichu ippo thaan maa vandhen. Chals dance Master bend nimithuraar. Unga meeting eppidi pochu Ravoofa ma'am kooda?" Sivaangi smiled and said, "Semmaya pochu. Media Masons original aa pannalaam nu solitaanga. Adha pathi thaan Harsha ku unga kitta pesanamaam. Naalikki time irukkuma?" Ashwin thought for a second and said, "Oru 6pm to Chals dance studio vareengala? Naan practice panikittu iruppen. Vannamayile shoot two days la irukku." She thought for a second and said, "Okay. Naan Avan kitta pesi confirm panidaren. Seri Neenga poi rest edunga." AK smirked and said, "Seri naalikki discussion mudichu avana kazhatti vittudu. Naan Unna apparama drop pannaren okay?" She smiled and just said, "hmmm".

Ashwin listened to the track and said, "Semmaya irukku bro. It has a nice peppy beat. Nalla reach irukkum." Harsha agreed and said, "Appo Neenga pannareengala anna? Neenga thaan ippo irukara young heros liye indha MV industry la semmaya trend aagareenga." Ashwin smiled and placed his hand on Harsha's shoulder, "actually indha Vannamayile vum oru romantic dance number so idhuvum adhe madiri irukkum but naan onnu suggest pannatuma? Nee semmaya aadarey, hero madiri irukke. Unnoda first album la Neeye nadikkalaame? Idho Chals Master ku Unna introduce pannaren. Avare super aa choreograph panni kudupaar. Super aa irukkum." Harsha smiled reluctantly, "Ayyo Anna idhu oru romantic dance number Anna. I am not very comfortable doing it. Cover song pannardhukke konjam oru madiri irukkum." Sivaangi laughed listening to that but AK immediately said, "Unga rendu perodum thaen thaen cover song thaan semma hit aache." Then he looked at Sivu and said, "Maa neeye pannu maa. Nee semmaya aaduve. You are comfortable with each other. You are in good hands with Media Masons. Unnayum oru heroine aa makkal paarka aasa padaraanga la?"

Sivaangi smacked her forehead and laughed again, "Ayyo Ashwineyy cover song ok but MV la ivana romance panina enakku sirippu thaan varum plus Avan semma dancer but enakku avvalo ellam varaadhu." Ashwin held her hands and said, "Unnala mudiyum maa. Naan unakku help pannaren. Nee practice pannu. Ippo paaru indha MV la ennoda costar semma dancer. Ennala eedu kuduthu aaganum na naan avangaloda 10 times adhigama practice pannanum. Itis just dedication and hard work. Nee ellam semma graceful dancer. Konjam practice panninale nee semmaya pannuve maa. Cooking e panitte idhu panna maatiya. I know you can do this." Sivaangi looked into Ashwin's eyes and saw that he truly meant it. She was astounded at the belief and trust he had in her. He had much more confidence in her than she had on herself.

A few months later, after weeks of practice, they finally shot the music video. The encouragement and support from Ashwin, the investment/production from Media Masons, her second home, and the true friendship with Harsha and the gratitude towards his family, brought this project to a completion. The hard work put in was very evident but Sivaangi was apprehensive again. She was resting her head on Ashwin's should and entwined her fingers with his and sighed. He kissed her hand and said, "Ennama yosikkarey?" She sighed, "indha MV varapordhu. Enna Harsha oda sethu vachu pesuvaanga. Adhu thaan konjam oru maadiri irukku." He looked up at her, cupped her face and looking into her eyes he said, "Ooru pesittu thaan maa irukkum. Naan Unna nambaren le? unga veetla Unna nambaraanga le? Unnoda true fans Unna nambaraanga le? Adhu podhum maa. They will eventually learn to see the difference between professional and personal maa. Nee overthink pannama freeye vidu."

She nodded and smiled while he reassured her with a kiss on her forehead.

Brinda Subramanian